Fight The Damned HST!

IronNoggin

Although Gordo and The Clowns believe their HST program is a Done Deal, this is really not the case.
As most are likely aware, this new tax-grab will affect a great many areas that have been previously tax free (un-tapped resources in Gordo's Twisted point of view). These range from taxing services to re-taxing used vehicle sales and more. The average Family will end up pouring even more of their earnings into the LIEberals coffers to support more foolish and worthless pet projects.

Tired of being amongst the most taxed population in this Country? Not quite willing to freely bend over and let them increase those taxes yet again? Want to send a CLEAR</u> message you have had enough of this BS?

This: http://fighthst.com/ has a very real chance of succeeding! Why not join us on April 6 and send a LOUD message to Gordo as to just who the April Fool may be! ;)
This group still needs a few volunteers. I will be offering my services to promote this exercise, and truly believe that each British Columbian should consider doing the same!

For those that might like the imposition of yet another tax here in BC, I leave you with Rick Mercer's thoughts on the matter: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xLfm6XKtRHI

GET INVOLVED FOLKS! It ain't too late to send the message that we are FED UP! Even if it is a simple as ensuring you sign the petition, please, for all our sakes, do so!

Cheers,
Nog

Good post Nog!

Thanks.

"Some could care less if there's any fish left for our kids!"

OK, so we're all pissed off about this but WTF are we going to actually DO about it.

I've personally sent emails directly to Gordo, Hansen, Flaherty, Harper, my MLA, my MP and a few others expressing my disgust and actually got written replies from all the feds but none of the provincial Liberal bandits (of course).

The petition may work, I don't know but it's worth a try. I have to admit that I'm running out of ideas.

The petition only requires 10% of registered voters to vote against it and the legislation requires the Gov't to repeal their legislation for the HST!! Get out and sign that petition please.

Searun

th_067.jpg

Just like to know where the anti HST people think the Liberals are going to get 1.6 Billion in fiscal 2010 to replace what they got from the Fed. Any ideas?

PETA-People eating tasty animals

Well maybe they could start by repealing the huge raises and pensions they gave themselves a couple of years ago.

quote:Originally posted by Clipper

Well maybe they could start by repealing the huge raises and pensions they gave themselves a couple of years ago.

That's 1.6 BIllion,it's either healthcare or education where that kind of money will be found, take your pick.

quote:Originally posted by Cosworth

That's 1.6 BIllion,it's either healthcare or education where that kind of money will be found, take your pick.

Dunno just where you're dredging your information up Cosworth, but you obviously have missed out on the latest happenings. [B)]

The LIEberals entered into what could be best termed a "shell game" as far as the 1.59 Billion that was supposed to be transferred to Provincial coffers this fiscal. Instead, they opted to take but $250 million in federal transition monies this year (down from the contracted $750 million), and then $769 million and $580 million over the next two years. This "shell game" of deferring federal funding transfers related to the HST results in an additional accumulation 75 million PLUS in interest charges that will be borne by the tax base.

Why you might ask?

Somewhat effective ploy for the LIEberals - as the deferred funding will now show up just in time to help "balance" the budget immediately prior to the next election, allowing Gordo to LIE once again and claim that the "balance" is somehow due to he and his team's efforts. An overt attempt to sway their own political aspirations, at the direct cost to the taxpaying public. I'm sure the LIEberal's very much like this idea. What about everyone else footing the bill for their aspirations??

And if following that you are still in support of the LIEberals and their damned tax grab methinks you either have been brainwashed, or happen to like "bending over" [^]

April 6 is coming up Folks! Send the message to this Fool On The Hill that his BS will no longer be tolerated! Simple effort, sign the petition!

Cheers,
Nog

Think they want lots of your tax`dollars, vote in the NDP and watch them spend.

The fact remains they recieved 1.6Billion, defferred or not
those funds would have to be made up without the HST. My question remains, where do you people suggest they cut 1.6 billion?

quote:Originally posted by Cosworth

The fact remains they recieved 1.6Billion, defferred or not
those funds would have to be made up without the HST. My question remains, where do you people suggest they cut 1.6 billion?

You simply ain't getting it. They ONLY</u> "received" $ 250 Million - at their own request. That little sneaky will cost the taxpayers over 75 Million in increased interest rates alone.

Were the HST to be canceled, one would have to assume that the payment (250 Mill) would have to somehow be repaid. I would like to suggest it comes directly out of the pockets of those who are driving this political shell game.

As for the balance, that particular funding ain't even on the books yet. And were the HST to be forced down our throats, it will only surface in time for Gordo et al to claim "they" have magically "balanced" the budget.

So, the funding you refer to has NOT been received. And cannot be counted on. It is simply the sheer arrogance of the LIEberals creating the vast majority of our economic problems, not the reverse which is what they should be doing.

I say Screw Em. Their BS has P'd off a LOT of folks, and IF the HST passes, a LOT more will be in that boat once they realize the average increase in taxes will approach $ 2 to 3K per household. ENOUGH! Time to send the message that we are NOT a cash cow designed to bail them out at their every whim!

Cheers,
Nog

Well said Nog!

I think what ticks me off the most about this business is the arrogance of Gordo and group. He makes a bald faced lie about NOT implementing an HST before the election then does an about face two weeks after the election and says he just thought it up. I know he thinks we're all stupid but give me a break, fer petes sake.

These guys are out of control and we NEED to reign them in.

here's an idea. Eliminate , yes eliminate the corporate tax. We will become a mecca for business and our economy will blast off. They did it in Ireland and they went from riding donkeys to cruising in Mercs in 20 years without prostituting themselves.

Ireland currently has one of the largest deficits in all of Europe...just saying. Plus there will always be a corporate tax...but through my research almost every economist agrees with the HST! I know it's a pain...like for our business its another 7% for our clients...but from what I understand AT THE MOMENT it is for the best...don't get mad at me...get mad at the economists [:p]

www.serengetifishingcharters.com

Following up on Serengeti Guide. Most economists see some benefit in the HST. They like the fact that it will streamline tax administration. But few if any believe it will generate any economic growth. And there is no doubt it will cost all of us a lot more money by increasing the tax on major items, like real property and food. And I seriously doubt that you or I will feel any benefit from streamlining tax administration.

But the economists may not be the best authority on this. The biggest issue is that this tax was introduced to the BC public days after an election. But it was never mentioned or debated during that election. It is being foisted on the BC tax payer without any democratic mandate whatsoever. Thus, fighting this damned tax is about more than fighting against the tax, it is about fighting for democracy in BC.

Regardless of whether you support the BC Libs, the NDP, another party, or no party at all, the HST is symptomatic of cynical politics at its worst. If you don't like the direction politics is headed in BC, and who does, then this is the best chance you will ever have to stand up for yourself and fight back. And for once, the odds of winning are high. All you have to do is sign your name.

Well said steelhead, politicians should not play shell games at election time.:([V]

IMG_1445.jpg

I think the Libs threw the HST on us in a attempt to stimulate the economy. eg I have got to book that new roof now so I will save 7%. I think that this strategy is going to backfire as the economy is still moving sideways and any "growth" that we are experiencing as a province is really just a pre HST bump. If and when the HST is introduced the Libs are praying that the economy will have improved by that time so we will not have a post HST slowdown.

You got to love Bill VanderZalm. No matter what you think of him he's at least got the guts to stand up and say no to this crap.

Back