Favorite Rockfish Recipes

Breakin"even

Crew Member
Cought my first Rockfish in years today, he's filleted allready. I was thinking, seasoned flour and pan fried,
Cajun Blacked pan fried, or Panko deep fried. But I'm wondering if there are some exellent and new to me recipes
that I should try.

Roy’s deep fry batter. I add lots of extra pepper, garlic powder and seasoning salt.
Make a sauce with a decent sized squirt of zesty lime Italian dressing, spoonful of mayo and a spoonful of sour cream.
Shred some cabbage, carrots and onions together and your done. Spread sauce on a soft taco or burrito shell, top with slaw and fish strips and finish it off with some salsa. Mmmm. My favourite way to eat rockfish.

Roy’s deep fry batter.
thanks bud yes thats a winning recipe that Mr Wilhelm gave me at my year in culinary school...
One of my favorite ways for cod or Black bass or any white fish is to skin down place on tin foil 1 heavy tsp of black bean sauce spread it all over the fish, grated fresh ginger and garlic wrap up tight on BBQ for 10 mins and take off simply delish .
Chef trick for ginger put the ginger root in freezer take out when needed and put back in, so easy to grate when needed you can peel the root off or grate with it on ive done both works just the same.

Enjoy!!!! Wolf

Back