Favorite Central/ North Island lake

CVmike

Hey guys, just itching to get out fishing here and I figure what better way to pass the working week while I wait to fish then talk about fishing? :) My question to you all is whats you're favorite lake to fishing on central to north vancouver island and why? Is it a specific story that makes it your favorite or just lots of fish and consistency?
My favorite north island lake has to be either Bruster or Stella. Bruster lake I caught the biggest still water trout of my life, a nice 24 inch cutty. Stella I just had a few awesome fly fishing trips where I couldent keep the pan fry's off but that makes for great days! Thinking about it though that lake's bound to have the big ones... Maybe thats my next destination to pull a big 4 or 5 inch tomic through.. :p

Tight lines!
Mike

Oh yea, I think Mcivor is the next on my 'tofish' list. Thinking about possibly getting out tomorrow but this white hell is making it tough!

If you want to go for an adventure, Husan lake by Woss is pretty amazing in the spring for big fish and Oconner lake on the westcoast is a great lake as well.

Both lakes have good fish on the fly or troll and you will be hard pressed to find another sole out fishing. Georgie Lake is a cold,dark lake that holds some big cutties, but you need to troll for them.

Lots to explore and a lot of lakes get very little pressure.

Cheers

SS

Back