Fathers Day Weekend Fishing Derby

All derby participants should visit the SVIAC site and read the latest update posted,so to be clear on the rules we have implemented for those who may be fishing the Sheringham Point area and west. Also tomorrow night we will announce the precise target weight required to win the Accumulator Jackpot. We will also announce what you will be required to do to win the "You Da Man Trophy" and prize package. Will be posted by 7pm.

All derby participants should visit the SVIAC site and read the latest update posted,so to be clear on the rules we have implemented for those who may be fishing the Sheringham Point area and west. Also tomorrow night we will announce the precise target weight required to win the Accumulator Jackpot. We will also announce what you will be required to do to win the "You Da Man Trophy" and prize package. Will be posted by 7pm.

http://anglerscoalition.com/?page_id=2975

Gordons Beach
for Saturday June 14, 2014 Best wind dir = W, NW

Time6am7am8am9am10am11am12pm1pm2pm3pm4pm5pm6pm7pm8pm9pm
Wind DirectionSW WSWW W WNWWNWWNWWNWWNWWNWWNWNW NW NW NW NW
Wind (knots)10101010101515151515201515151510

<tbody>
</tbody>

Gordons Beach for Sunday June 15, 2014 Best wind dir = W, NW
Time6am7am8am9am10am11am12pm1pm2pm3pm4pm5pm6pm7pm8pm9pm
Wind DirectionWNWW WNWWNWWNWWNWWNWWNWWNWWNWWNWWNWWNWWNWW W
Wind (knots)15151510151515202020202020202020

<tbody>
</tbody>

Saturday a.m. looks a little better than originally forecast

If the forecast is accurate it should be a bit bumpy but not too bad. I remember fishing the old Wallaby Derby one year with a friend and it was blowing close to 30 right from dawn. We were the only boat at Otter Point until maybe 9am when John Wells made it up there. Funny story because when we got to Otter it was so rough I said to Rem...you get your rod in and I'll stay on the wheel, when you are done you take the wheel and I'll get mine in. He goes out on deck and comes back in about 30 seconds later and says your turn. I asked what happened? he says the wind caught the flasher and put it right into the kicker and cut everything off!!! lol So we get our first fish on...he plays it and I go to grab the net.....its gone...someone has stolen it the night before!!!! Now we are in 5 footers and trying to hand bomb fish over the side. Luckily John had a 2nd net and dropped it over to us before he put gear down.

Beautiful, weathers getting better, suns coming out, slots getting lifted (fingers crossed). Shaping up to be a good weekend!

I heard we won't be able to upgrade draw prizes if your name gets called a second time this year. Does that mean one derby ticket can win multiple prizes or do you just get the first prize your called for and then your done?

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm new to this derby and was away for both the meetings.... Just wondering after the top 3 fish is it all draw prizes or is there a top 20 or so?

here it is....

Management measures for the recreational fishery in portions of Areas 19 and 20
are outlined below.

June 14 to July 18, 2014 management actions:

Effective 00:01 hrs Saturday, June 14 until 23:59 hrs Friday, July 18, 2014 in
Subareas 19-1 to 19-4 and Subarea 20-5 (those waters near Victoria between
Cadboro Pt to Sheringham Pt.), the daily limit is two (2) chinook salmon per
day which may be wild or hatchery marked between 45 cm and 85 cm or hatchery
marked greater than 85 cm in length. The minimum size limit in these areas is
45 cm in length.

Thanks for the post Scott, you are top of it for sure! Something better than nothing i guess. Let's hope the weather forecast keep's getting better.

Here is the response that I received form SVIAC when I asked questions:

“You can win multiple draws. The most expensive draw prizes will be drawn first with all the tickets in the bucket but will be announced from the lowest value to the most expensive. So the Suzuki 9.9 will be drawn first but given away last."

I think this clears things up.

Good luck and safe boating out there this weekend!

Tips

here it is....

are outlined below.

Effective 00:01 hrs Saturday, June 14 until 23:59 hrs Friday, July 18, 2014 in
Subareas 19-1 to 19-4 and Subarea 20-5 (those waters near Victoria between
day which may be wild or hatchery marked between 45 cm and 85 cm or hatchery
marked greater than 85 cm in length. The minimum size limit in these areas is
45 cm in length.

There just never going to let this slot go now that it is in place every year....Whatever it's better than it was.... Good luck tomorrow guys.. Just trying to find what are game plan is...The weather doesn't seem to like us right now....

Last edited by a moderator:
This is bizarre, they just changed it back to 67cm max wild

Subject: FN0486-RECREATIONAL - Salmon - Fraser River Chinook - Areas 19 and 20 - Amendment to Recreational Fishery Management Actions

are outlined below.

Effective 00:01 hours Saturday, June 14 until 23:59 hours Friday, July 18, 2014
in Subareas 19-1 to 19-4 and Subarea 20-5 (those waters near Victoria between
day of which only one (1) may be greater than 67 cm. The minimum size limit in
these areas is 45 cm in length.

Re Read that RS the way I read it we can keep an over wild or hatch and an under wild or hatch! Somone tell me im not dreaming!

-KK

Interesting. 1 over 67 cm which I guess means if you take a 12 pound hatchery you can't take anything else over 67cm. Need to target one large fish and one small one. Not perfect but great news for the derby!

Hope this sticks maybe they will update it again lol.

Back