Family Fishing weekend

Cuba Libre

Dont for get that next weekend, friday June 19th to end of day sunday June 21st is the Family Fishing weekend. No freshwater licences needed, and lots of community events across the province.

In the Comox Valley the Courtenay and District Fish and Game Protective Association is hosting a family fish-out on Sat and Sun, June 20 and 21st. The location is at the club pond at Comox lake.
The pond has recently been stocked with 1000 catchables from the Freshwater Fisheries Society hatchery in Duncan. Its primarily a bobber and bait fishery,(bring worms or Powerbait) but small spoons and spinners work too.

We have some loaner rods and bait for those that want to try fishing, but dont have gear. When you catch a trophy , club members will be on hand to clean and put your fish on ice until you head home for your barbeque.

Forget bringing lunch too. Thrifty Foods, the main community sponsor for the event will be handing out free hotdogs and pop.

(tip-- bring a deckchair to sit on)

remember its a FAMILY event-- so some of you top rods may want to step back in time and bring out the kids or the grandparents for some relaxing fishing.

Intruder2-2.jpg

20ft Alumaweld Intruder

CL, is it just for the local clique or is it worth coming up from Victoria with the family in tow (kids 5 and 7)?

Hi Chris. the event is for everyone, but as you have noted --- it IS along drive with young kids

Here is the link for other events around the province.. There is one in Victoria (but I dont know what they do for a fishing pond--anyone??)
There are a couple more on the south island. Great that you want to get the kid-niks out!
http://www.bcfamilyfishing.com/events/index.htm

Intruder2-2.jpg

20ft Alumaweld Intruder

Hey Cuba Libre

We joined about a month ago and might see you there tomorrow. We are new to the area and do not know many folks around :D How would we recognize you if we went looking for you?

oldpicturedisk4158sf4.jpg

ZuluGirl

Just look for the old guy in a grey/white beard (looks a bit like Santa Clause:D[:p])that is running around helping all the kids. If not then just ask as most will know him.

The wife was lucky enough, to get a few cast in the pool to catch dinner last year. good tasting trout!!!

oh yea....and welcome to the site!!!

Cheers

SS

Fishing08018-1.jpg

First-- look for the best looking senior at the Club tent-- that be me! [^]

If that doesnt work ask for Bryan.... but the first option should do it!;)

Intruder2-2.jpg

20ft Alumaweld Intruder

The old timers fishing beside us were loading up with worms. My kids dug some then left them at home so we were skunked!

Take only what you need.
3641877346_d9919f98d0.jpg

Thanks to all volunteers for another fine event. :) Kids limited with worms. F/A, we didn't forget ours like last year :D
The bite seemed to be when it was windy or cloudy. This year the kids
each wanted to bonk their own fish. :D:D
Cuba, I hope you have time to make it out tomorrow.
Cheers Tortuga

LET GO OF THE REEL!!!

Hey Tortuga.... nice to put a face to the name ( and ZuluGirl too). Maybe next year FA wont be bashful :D Glad the kids did well. thats what its all about!

I didnt get out today as I was too busy cleaning ends for the weekend fishery.... but tomorrow-- unless they change the weather for the worst, I'll be out. I'll post up how we do.

Intruder2-2.jpg

20ft Alumaweld Intruder

I was the 6'7" 300lb Native...

Take only what you need.
3641877346_d9919f98d0.jpg

Hi Bryan

It was great meeting you and hopefully we will get to help out with clipping the fish soon :D

It was great to see all the kids (and most of the parents!) having a great time. We didn't get any fish, but watching the others have so much fun was more than good enough [:eek:)]

Thanks for the welcome, SS!

oldpicturedisk4158sf4.jpg

Back