Fake Pacific Net and Twine website?

saanauk

Anyone else come across this site that lists Islander TR3 reels for to good of a price. Looks the same as the legit PNT site but prices are crazy cheap.
460F3A37-F4D4-40AD-BCD1-B0A19D864A3A.png

Damn even the original price that’s crossed out I would pay lol. Think there 975 list price

I emailed pnt about it. They said some people have been scammed. Website is out of Korea I think they said?
Sucks that it can’t be shut down.

Wish I would have seen this thread earlier.
They got me today. Unreal deal on some mooching rods, with free shipping AND a 17% off "random discount". Such a killer deal I decided to order two! When my credit card info was entered and I pressed the complete purchase button, it stalled for a good long while, and then a different website popped up, with a different crazy URL, indicated that payment for 99 bucks (less than the purchase amt) had failed, and prompted me to hit the "back" button. When I mapped the back button that URL was not PNT, but some other even crazier URL, so I suspected it was a scan and didn't do it. Also, my Chase credit card blocked it, thinking it was a fraudulent charge.

Some observations:
1. The site looks exactly like PNT's site, with the same colors, many same search buttons, etc. It fooled me and I shop there. It has similar URL "pacific-nettwine" instead of "pacificnetandtwine".
2. It comes up #2 in a google search for PNT.
3. That's the best deal I'd seen in years, too good to be true.
4. The company that tried to bill my visa was Blooming Technologies, which maps to Indonesia, but speaking with the folks at the real PNT, they might also map to Taiwan or Philadelphia, so they are obviously covering their tracks, and are really good at what they're doing, straddling jurisdictions artfully.
5. It looks like (at least my Chase) credit card companies are onto this scam, so hopefully these cocksuckerz don't take anybody's money.
6. I think the real PNT is a fantastic company, had nothing but good dealings with them, always great to speak with over the phone, and I hope this doesn't hurt them in any way.

fb out, back to 16.

Wish I would have seen this thread earlier.
They got me today. Unreal deal on some mooching rods, with free shipping AND a 17% off "random discount". Such a killer deal I decided to order two! When my credit card info was entered and I pressed the complete purchase button, it stalled for a good long while, and then a different website popped up, with a different crazy URL, indicated that payment for 99 bucks (less than the purchase amt) had failed, and prompted me to hit the "back" button. When I mapped the back button that URL was not PNT, but some other even crazier URL, so I suspected it was a scan and didn't do it. Also, my Chase credit card blocked it, thinking it was a fraudulent charge.

Some observations:
1. The site looks exactly like PNT's site, with the same colors, many same search buttons, etc. It fooled me and I shop there. It has similar URL "pacific-nettwine" instead of "pacificnetandtwine".
2. It comes up #2 in a google search for PNT.
3. That's the best deal I'd seen in years, too good to be true.
4. The company that tried to bill my visa was Blooming Technologies, which maps to Indonesia, but speaking with the folks at the real PNT, they might also map to Taiwan or Philadelphia, so they are obviously covering their tracks, and are really good at what they're doing, straddling jurisdictions artfully.
5. It looks like (at least my Chase) credit card companies are onto this scam, so hopefully these cocksuckerz don't take anybody's money.
6. I think the real PNT is a fantastic company, had nothing but good dealings with them, always great to speak with over the phone, and I hope this doesn't hurt them in any way.

fb out, back to 16.
So brutal! Glad your payemnt didnt go through.
FYI to everyone, in google search there 3 vertical dots beside their website. Click those dots your and you can report the website as a scam to google. Maybe it will help.

So brutal! Glad your payemnt didnt go through.
FYI to everyone, in google search there 3 vertical dots beside their website. Click those dots your and you can report the website as a scam to google. Maybe it will help.
Yup, good call, I was going to mention that but forgot. I reported the site to Google, and suggest anybody else interested in the idea do so as well. Hopefully it will gain some traction and pull that site down.
fb

Saddly it got me last yr. Paid$118. No confirmation, then an alert text asking if I just bought for $338 ,nope call and cancelled my card. That $118 Converted to Yen. Had to wait 30 days before I could apply for credit but I did get credited.

Back