fac or pal? or both

lordofthesprings

i have several guns that were given to me when i was a kid and took the hunting course and went on several successful hunting trips but never did get a FAC or PAL now that the gunregistry is done iam thinking about getting some ammo and maybe a high powered air gun( already have one under 500'fps) to do some plinking with my sons im out of the loop and not sure what i need now to purchase firearms - years ago a friend gave me the Canadian Firearms Safety course book after he was done with it - ive also heard of guys just writing the test instead of taking the course any ideas??thx

You need to get your pal. You can either take the course and then write the test, or you can challenge the test (I think). You will not be able to buy ammunition without your pal. Even though the gun registry is no longer active, you are still breaking the law if you have firearms in your posession without holding a valid pal.

You need your PAL, that replaced the old FAC course.

I just took the course this weekend. I could have probably passed by just studying the manual but it was an excuse to get away from the wife and kids for a bit:) The course I took was worth it in my opinion. The hands on handling portion of several models of guns was nice.

You need to get your pal. You can either take the course and then write the test, or you can challenge the test (I think). You will not be able to buy ammunition without your pal. Even though the gun registry is no longer active, you are still breaking the law if you have firearms in your posession without holding a valid pal.

Also, if you want a handgun you need to do the RESTRICTED portion of the cource. Most Rifles and shotguns are under NON_restricted. The restricted exam is a joke. 90% of it is the exact same as the Non-restricted. Might as well do both.

thx for the help guys im out of the loop been busy with a 5 and three year old!! i think i will just do the course as ive heard the local guy here in qualicum is good

You need your PAL, that replaced the old FAC course.

I just took the course this weekend. I could have probably passed by just studying the manual but it was an excuse to get away from the wife and kids for a bit:) The course I took was worth it in my opinion. The hands on handling portion of several models of guns was nice.

Stones who did yo take it with and where, I'm looking to do it also
Tim

Back