etec 10 year Warranty

I am I would say an above average user when it comes to my boat, certainly not the kind of hours a charter boat would put on but definetly above average. I do not use my ETec for trolling either I have a 9.9 Johnson kicker but around home my fishing requires a lot of running and gunning as we say looking for walleye or big pike so the big engine does get a work out. I will on average over the last 10 seasons fill my 4 litre oil tank once in the spring and once midsummer usually before I head to the coast and that's it, so maybe 4 litres maybe 6 tops a year get put into it. Thats the whole deal with these engines they are not your normal oil burning blue haze 2 strokes. They actually don't burn the oil, the oil is injected into the ceramic cylinder walls for lubrcation so very little is actually burnt. I run only the top ETec oil in mine and no it's not cheap around $90.00 a jug but in reality that's about all I put in in a year.

I am I would say an above average user when it comes to my boat, certainly not the kind of hours a charter boat would put on but definetly above average. I do not use my ETec for trolling either I have a 9.9 Johnson kicker but around home my fishing requires a lot of running and gunning as we say looking for walleye or big pike so the big engine does get a work out. I will on average over the last 10 seasons fill my 4 litre oil tank once in the spring and once midsummer usually before I head to the coast and that's it, so maybe 4 litres maybe 6 tops a year get put into it. Thats the whole deal with these engines they are not your normal oil burning blue haze 2 strokes. They actually don't burn the oil, the oil is injected into the ceramic cylinder walls for lubrcation so very little is actually burnt. I run only the top ETec oil in mine and no it's not cheap around $90.00 a jug but in reality that's about all I put in in a year.
Excellent summary walleyes - that's why - as I understand it - "normal" 2-stroke oil doesn't work in these engines - except for emergencies only. You have a choice of XD-50 or XD-100. You can - if you are a computer wiz - change how the onboard computer associated w the engine delivers oil by changing what you tell it you are using. Beyond my abilities - I think. I agree w bones though - don't let that oil thing be a deciding factor. It's just be aware of the differences and logistics...

if your comp is set to TWC-3 setting anything works XD30,50 or 100. there should be a tag under the cover. you can also run XD100 on any setting. if the tag says XD30 then run XD100

I priced out a 300 etech hanging off the boat with taxes and as well a 300 Yamaha. The Yamaha was about $19,200 more. Didn't question the salesman as I would go etech when the time comes.

I priced out a 300 etech hanging off the boat with taxes and as well a 300 Yamaha. The Yamaha was about $19,200 more. Didn't question the salesman as I would go etech when the time comes.

An f300 is 29,000 msrp. Plus tax and install let's say 35. Are you suggesting a 300 etec is only 16,000 installed including taxes?!

An f300 is 29,000 msrp. Plus tax and install let's say 35. Are you suggesting a 300 etec is only 16,000 installed including taxes?!

I got quotes for turn key out the door so
Buddy who quoted me must be out to lunch. Just engine was $40,299 msrp including yam factory rebate.

Yup turns out the 1st yam guy was out to lunch. Another quote was for $23,000 for the engine then add controls etc.

Back