Espar heater

I put one in my boat last fall. Works good!!! Nice simple controls. Only cons I found was the install, just time consuming to get everything where I wanted it.

Did you install the air or hydronic model?, which model and size of boat, appreciate any info,Regards

It is the Airtronic D2. I installed it in a Hewescraft Searunner 220. 22'. I bought an Espar but have also seen some other brands for a couple hundred dollars less.

I have the D4 in my weldcraft. Some issues with codes over the past 6 years and an issue with the thermostat. Put in a new digital thermostat and the thing just runs and runs and the new thermostat is a code reader as well so i recommend getting the digital thermostat.
You will also want to have your cab insulated or it will rain in the cab if you heat it on rainy cool days with wet dudes inside.
Oh ya and there is a tiny filter at the intake of the pump that you will want to replace once and a while. I run my heater 5 days a week in the winter commercially so you may not need to do it every year but if you start having heating problems definitely go to that filter and change it.(its the size of a pencil eraser) I even have a filter on my intake at the tank but I never change it.

Heats my boat well and keeps the window clear. Amazing heater considering its the size of a 2L milk carton!

Also do not point any of the heating pipes and any one person or they will be hot. I know of one boat that has a duct under the drivers seat and the driver is always hot so everyone else is cold cuz he turns the heat down.

Note: I should add that the majority of the codes were not issues with the heater. Low voltage codes, fuel codes, overheat codes.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back