Electric trailer winch

Dragos

Good day all

Older I get , heavier my 23 ft Striper gets
Looking for suggestions for an electric trailer winch to help pull the boat on my trailer bunks. Any suggestions from you guys will be much appreciated
Best regards
D

I looked at marine type electric winches for my 23.5 “heavy“ trophy but the price scared me so I took a chance on a out of the box 4,500 lb atv/truck winch. Battery mounted in a plastic tool box on the trailer frame in front of winch.
Note: trailer is secured under cover at all times. 4th year now without any issues. I use a snatch block (amazon) when hooking to bow in order to double the pulling strength. Replaced wire many years ago with a braided type rope from harbour chandler to lesson chance of breakage with whip back. Hope that helps…

My trailer for my 7000 lb boat had a fused Strongarm winch fixed to the trailer along with a stand alone battery. Never had an issue with it other than a little maintenance making sure the battery is charged b4 an extended trip. Loved the unit (being an older guy) other than the fact they are expensive as mentioned but in opinion well worth the investment.

If you want to see one look at the 23 Striper for sale in the "Used Vic and other ads",he has one .I've used a couple of different brands and the Strongarm was the only one I didn't think was going to smoke up or blow a fuse,just reliable.

Back