electric downriggers?

Wooly

Hey guys and gals, I'm in the hunt for a good deal on some 1116 electric down riggers. I have the 1106 models and they are awesome, but I want the extendable boom because i think they would be awesome for my boat set up. anyway to make a long story short, when I swivel the downrigger towards the stern I will be able to place the cannon ball in its holder that will rest on the transom. I can only do this if I have the extensions so I'm looking for 1116 or whatever the model is that has the long arm, and I prefer to go older style electric cause they are bulletproof and i have never had a issue with them. Just heard the newer models have had some issues.

So if anyone wants to sell or has seen 1116 for sale let me know. Also if anyone can give me a good price range of what I should be paying please post or PM me. Just want a ball park figure as I'm not sure what they should go for second hand.

I have seen some ridiculous prices out there including the 350 for the oldest style manuals lol. Also lots of 1000$ adds for a pair? you can get them for close to 500 in the box? these guys must be used car salesman.

Cheers,

Wooly

Actually the 1106 does have the extendable boom.
the 1116 is basically the same rigger with the dual rod holder

maybe you have the 1101 with the 30" fixed boom ?

Two options. Take your riggers to Scotty new booms will cost you $100 each installed if I remember correctly. Otherwise you should be able to get them used for $350 each if your patient and quick on the adds when they pop up.

I have not had my booms replaced but a friend has and the $100 each was what he told me so call them first for a quote.

I ordered booms and put them on myself very easy to do cant remembers the price.

Actually the 1106 does have the extendable boom.
the 1116 is basically the same rigger with the dual rod holder

maybe you have the 1101 with the 30" fixed boom ?

Yeah thats what I got, just looked at the site, got all the model numbers correct now.

If you want longer booms and don't care about them being extendable...go to you local steel supplier and buy some stainless tube. I did mine this year and it was about $20/side.

If you want longer booms and don't care about them being extendable...go to you local steel supplier and buy some stainless tube. I did mine this year and it was about $20/side.

I also did this and it was much cheaper than the extendable ones from scotty. I only went 48" of stainless tubing. Works great.

Hmmmm, that is very good info guys. I think I might just try that and see how it works out.
Thanks for the tip/idea!

Just call Scotty.. It will work out good.

But I don't worry... I'm stealing the downriggers in RS's thread

I ended up buying a pair of 1116 off craigslist today, 700 for the two. I went this route because I will be selling the Harbercraft in the spring and would like to sell the boat ready to fish. rods, downriggers, net, everything you need to start slaying salmon. Will probably speed up the selling process. Or I might just keep 1 with the shorter boom for a backup and sell the other.

Great advice with the stainless pipe.

Thanks guys,

Wooly, did you win the lottery recently ?? ;):D

Hahaha, Nope just love fishing so much that I decided to take out my Life savings and buy a nice boat. Partners with my old man, he aint getting any older and the fishing aint goona get any better so may as well go hard right now while fishing is still descent and the old man is still healthy.

Hahaha, Nope just love fishing so much that I decided to take out my Life savings and buy a nice boat. Partners with my old man, he aint getting any older and the fishing aint goona get any better so may as well go hard right now while fishing is still descent and the old man is still healthy.

typo

"he aint getting any younger"

lol

Frickin' awesome. Grab it by the horns and give er ****!

Back