Votes: 30 34.5%
  • I am against it

Votes: 56 64.4%
  • I don't plan to vote

Votes: 1 1.1%

• Total voters
Thanks that one sealed the deal for me, maybe next time I’ll vote for PR

Now way to get rid of party elite that’s troubling
The article is saying under PR you can’t get rid of the Party Elite? I confused by what you’re saying.

The Times Colonist steps into the fray...

"In normal circumstances, the Times Colonist does not support candidates or parties in elections. But on this occasion, we will take a position: B.C. should reject proportional representation.

This is not just asking us to buy a pig in a poke. It is asking us to buy a poke with little idea what might be inside.

We need to be clear about the choices at stake here — stable and accountable government, or government by backroom deal-making.

To us, the answer is clear. Proportional representation deserves to be defeated."

https://www.timescolonist.com/opini...reject-proportional-representation-1.23499748

Cheers,
Nog

The Times Colonist steps into the fray...

"In normal circumstances, the Times Colonist does not support candidates or parties in elections. But on this occasion, we will take a position: B.C. should reject proportional representation.

This is not just asking us to buy a pig in a poke. It is asking us to buy a poke with little idea what might be inside.

We need to be clear about the choices at stake here — stable and accountable government, or government by backroom deal-making.

To us, the answer is clear. Proportional representation deserves to be defeated."

https://www.timescolonist.com/opini...reject-proportional-representation-1.23499748

Cheers,
Nog

Wow that’s saying something, that’s like the greens fav news outlet

Don't know where you get that from. Corporate shills.

Could be from the fact that they have offered continuous support for the Greens for one hell of a long time.
Anyone who reads it can instantly relate.
Guess you don't...

Cheers,
Nog

Could be from the fact that they have offered continuous support for the Greens for one hell of a long time.
Anyone who reads it can instantly relate.
Guess you don't...

Cheers,
Nog
Used to read newspaper daily starting from a very young age and think I learned a lot. In those days they didn't hide an editorial as a news story they gave you the news and let you come to your own conclusion. Have not bought a paper in at least ten years so your right I don't.

I think the results reflect how much the NDP botched this whole process. If I was weaver I would be livid.
1.4 million participated. So it proved that 26% of eligible British Columbians maybe got what they wanted and it's proven that at least 17% did not. The 1.9 million envelopes that went directly into the garbage is the most telling outcome of this failed process.

Yes it proves that 1.9 million British Columbians are stupid and can't follow simple instructions in filling out a important ballot.

Or that they choose not to participate, or that they don't have a preference, or that they're unsure of the consequences and don't want to be feel responsible for the selection, or that they think the question itself is unimportant...

There are all kinds of reasons a person might choose to abstain. I don't know that it's fair to assume that lack of participation is inherently indicative of stupidity.

The first of many defeats for Horgan and his little buddy

sHa_shakeshout.gif

:D:D:D
Nog

Or that they choose not to participate, or that they don't have a preference, or that they're unsure of the consequences and don't want to be feel responsible for the selection, or that they think the question itself is unimportant...

There are all kinds of reasons a person might choose to abstain. I don't know that it's fair to assume that lack of participation is inherently indicative of stupidity.
Then why bother sending it in, you could of done all of the above with out sending it in

I actually believe there are some advantages to a PR system, and this result was more a reflection of a fatally flawed process that left all the details to a biased partisan process. It was solidly rejected and rightly so. If this comes back again, in 6 or 8 years it should be with a fully fleshed out proposal and transparent process. Maybe the result will be different.

Back