Election 2010?

federal, municipal, provincial i'm sick of going to the poles! i have a feeling if they force another election they might get slaughtered for putting the public through yet another election in such a short amount of time. i am not an expert that is just my oppinion!

Interesting to say the least , now we have gone to court to prove that the last one was actually illegally held maybe we can get this one right ?
Liberal , Conservative , NDP .............. who really cares in this country anymore as the parties have forgotten the main reason for their elected positions and that is to represent their constituents not toady up to the party line as decided by the majority leader of the moment.
We need people to run for elected positions who will speak for the ordinary persons in their ridings not the rich or corporate giants.

AL

I think the vast majority have had enough of the political posturing and election B.S.
Ignatieff will lose support if he pushes this non-confidence vote and causes another election.
300 million will simply buy the people of Canada another minority Conservative gov't. which we already have !!

Yup-- I agree. Its dumb to spend that much on an election that no one wants. Much better to save the money so that DFO Minister Shea can take her minions with her on ANOTHER expensive trip to promote farmed salmon........................[xx(]

Intruder2-2.jpg

20ft Alumaweld Intruder

All I can say is if the Liberals force an uncessary election and/or force some stupid coalition with the NDP and Bloq they deserve to lose badly. Not that I am a great fan of Harper et al, but we don't need to spend $300 million on an election right now in the middle of a big economic downturn. I am sure the majority of Canadians fell the same way. My 2 bits.

Long live wild salmon!!!

I would like everyone to take a step back and realize what is going on here. All of this talk about the economy has diverted attention and funding from our services in Canada and BC. When's the last time you heard anything about health care? Or crime? Only after a drastic event has occurred.

My opinion is that they are focusing on a bad economy, so that when things get bad, the US can step up and "help" us by taking over - welcome the Amero, and say goodbye to sovereignty! It has all been predicted by many to happen just as things are playing out - lookout!

Whose flag do you think will be the flag of the North American Union? I bet it has stars and stripes.....

but that's just what I think............

Catch and release -- into my frying pan.

Disagree with that Sandman, the U.S. is in a whole lot of hurt right now.
Far worse than anything we have experienced north of the 49th.
They won't be looking at throwing their weight around for a number
of years to come yet.
Meanwhile Canada flounders around....

Note the reference to a fish species ;)

What are the Liberals bitching about? Canada is far better off than most....Europe and the States are much worse off than here. Property values are steady and the there are sales and even bidding wars again in Victoria...money is available from the banks...most who WANT to work..can. I'm not a big Harper fan either...in the last election I voted for Keith Martin (Liberal) because he works hard in our riding and I knew the Liberals wouldn't win anyway. If they call another election this fall...I'll vote for the conservatives just to send the appropriate message. Sorry Keith.

quote:So just curious as to what you guys think of the politic gamesmanship being played out by Mr. Ignatieff and the Libs at the moment? Also, their brilliant plan to sink $300million into an election when that money could be going somewhere else to good use to boost the economy!

It's ok it looks like this election is going to be "ON" the conservatives!

Take only what you need.
3641877346_d9919f98d0.jpg

quote:Originally posted by r.s craven

They won't be looking at throwing their weight around for a number
of years to come yet.

What I'm implying is that they will not do it forcefully, but will do it for the "common good" - US benefits a bit (a few people A LOT), Canada suffers a bit, and Mexico will be absolutely devastated.

Sorry to interject my "conspiracy theories", but I'm not the only one who thinks this is really going on.
I'll stop hijacking this thread now....

Catch and release -- into my frying pan.

I don`t think they will hold an election 74 of these maggots stand to quailify for a life time pension starting at age 55 if they hold on to thier seat till July 2010 why rock the gravy boat!!

3 Marxist Parties, 1 Nazionalizt Soszialist Party, ganging up on one very confused & adrift party which is currently uncertain just what they are.

No question Canada's better off than the US.

Did anyone read the Massachusett (sp??) new laws Bill 2022, re the common influenza strain of H1N1 (piggie, or heinie or swiney version).

If you won't submit to mandatory vaccination... $1,000/day fine. If you get the flu, they can burn your house & belongings without compensation. 13 states are lined up to pass similar laws. There's a State of Mass official link I saw but now can't quickly find.

With the British Labour Party having just dictated the size of chocolate bars, softdrinks and other items considered too "fatty" or "sweet", to be sold in packages 1/2 or less than before, but at similar to old pricing, in the name of "public health"...

Imagine what similarly-minded Marxists will do when they own power in Canada. They pick on one thread at a time with almost irrefutable logic, but add two or three threads together and the cuffs on your arms are pure dyneema.

THIS is Marxism... "for the common good"... This is Obama-spawn, courtesy of Osama-spawn and Greenspawn...

http://www.blacklistednews.com/news-5438-0-6-6--.html

This is but one small example of what will and has happened when people abrogate their personal & political responsibility for self-responsibility by getting the public media to scream... "They gotta do something to save us!!" "They", always somebody else should do/pay.

For the love of your God, wash your hands & brush your teeth. Cook your food & teach your children to cover their mouths with a tissue when they sneeze or cough. Drink Canadian whiskey & red wine. End of problem.

Elections??? Imagine this... Sept 08 Harper's minions... "Canada is in good shape compared to..."... "We don't expect Cdn recession..." "Auto makers are private businesses, and should not receive govmn't help..." "Budget is balanced... Ought not get too far out of whack..."

Not good enough the three riders scream..."You're flushing our people down the toilet and you must go massively into deficit to SAVE them from certain starvation!...".. "apocalypse & armageddoon you bring on our people! if you don't do what we demand!...(Morton??)"

So, to stay in control, they succumb to the demands of the devil's troika and now, we hear that same batch of triple slick liars and dissemblers screaming "..you led us into intolerable deficit...?"

The Harperites are so battered from all sides, I'd agree they do no longer know what they stand for... I don't know what they are.

But, what the three riders & their bleating goat are... I fear greatly even in my sleep.

We never experienced gut-wrenching recession. The automakers are now Ford and Public Transportation (support welfare bums, buy Dodge or GM!), and thanks to the jackboot Liberals, NDP, Bloc & Green mucous we're deep in deficit again! All ready to piddle away another $300 million, just so they get their shot at their super lotto-prize of being PM & Cabinet dudes & dudettes... Lust for Power. Totally corrupt.

They disgust me absolutely.

No cheers on this one folks.

If anyone has not done so yet, I highly recommend you pick up Rick Mercers "The Book".
This man is a political satirist who thrives on the ineptness of the Canadian government.While his work is mainly construed as humorous, he brings to light the atrocious behavior and seemingly criminal misdoings of our parliamentary leaders.
To our members of parliament and our legislative assembly I say; Boo honorable members, boo!
I would rather see us spend 300 million on a vote that determines who is worthy to run for election.
This, however, could be an extremely lengthy process

Hooch
swiftsurehaliaug07-1.jpg

Back