Earthquake?

Great...up at long beach relaxing...We just heard sitting in a cabin up in Mackenzie beach in Tofino...Nothing felt here...No waves thank god....

Last after shock according to USGS was at 2041hrs 4.2 on the rictor scale, all earthquakes 2.5 and above worldwide are recorded

Thanks, yes if there was time to pull her I would do it. When the big one from Japan hit a few years ago I had enough time to pull her. This app was very helpful because I could get wave height measurements. So David Murphy and I were calculating exact time the wave would hit and determined the wave would only be about a meter so no point pulling the boats in the end. There are some off shore mid ocean bouys that give real time measurements and you can dial in to see what the passing tsunami wave height measured. This was helpful in assessing the risk vs cost in time to get off my fat butt and pull the boat. I would highly recommend getting the app on your phone. Even when we are down at the cabin it at least gives you the possibility of being warned in time to get out into deep water to avoid the worst.

Funny that it was felt in the soft ground in Richmond. What would happen there if a biggy hit close to Vancouver? Maybe a 2 story house would become a single level with 2 basements! Lol

Never felt a thing at home in Tofino. Maybe being burnt out from traveling and a few cuba libres dulled my senses

I am starting to think that the recalled dope has really affected BC residents more then believed.

Recall of Marijuana for Medical Purposes - Greenleaf Medicinals
Report a Concern
Starting date:April 18, 2014Type of communication:Information UpdateSubcategoryDugsSource of recall:Health CanadaIdentification number:RA-3918756
Media enquiries
OTTAWA – Greenleaf Medicinals of British Columbia, is voluntarily recalling one batch (Purple Kush, Batch PK-10-20-13) of marijuana for medical purposes. The recall is due to issues with the patients experiencing tremors and uncontrollable shaking. These side affects were identified during an inspection by Health Canada and may impact the province of British Columbia.

Greenleaf Medicinals is instructing clients to immediately discontinue use of any marijuana from this shipment which they may still have remaining in their possession. The company has also informed Health Canada that they are presently working with other licensed producers to find a supply of marijuana for the impacted clients. Health Canada is currently monitoring Greenleaf Medicinal’s recall.

Producers of marijuana for medical purposes are subject to compliance and enforcement measures similar to those in place for other producers of controlled substances. They must meet strict security, control and reporting requirements, and they are regularly inspected.

Dried marijuana is an approved drug and medicine in Canada. Possession and use of marijuana is legal in Canada and no longer needs to be authorized under the old regulations and support of a doctor or nurse practitioner.

Media enquiries
Health Canada
(613) 555-2983

Back