E-Z Loader trailers.....

Seafever

Anybody know who the best stocked dealer for E-Z loader trailers/parts is on Van Isle?

Also......if you have an EZ loader trailer and it has the oil-bath type hubs on it..... how do you like them?

My boat dealer says that EZ loader moved out of Canada back to the states, and if you want parts you have to pay a lot more now and longer wait times. (Although this hasn't stopped them from selling brand new EZ loader trailers).

Love the oil bath hubs. My trailer is an '05, I've never had a problem with many trips to the Kootenays and Okanogan.
Not sure about parts, other then lights which are Grote and you can get them from Lordco or Napa. Bearings should be available from any bearing place.

I have an 08 with the oil bath bearings and have had no problems. I did have an issue with the cheap overide back up dial and eventually lost it. I went to Parker in Nanaimo and the had one in the shop that they just gave me. They seemed to have a decent parts section there as well. And NO I don't work there! lol

Greg

I just have surge brakes on my trailer. I had an EZ Loader with my last boat and to override the brakes when backing up the old trailer you had a lever to not allow the surge brakes to engage. On my latest trailer they went with a Mickey Mouse "Dial......Knob" that is on the tongue that your are supposed to turn it 90 degrees to override the brakes. Unless you were perfectly level it never would engage and eventually popped out and would never stay in place until I finally lost two of them and went with the solenoid kit. Not the best system to say the least! Just my two cents........

My only concern with the "oil bath" hubs is what happens to your bearings if the seal breaks and the oil leaks out? Your bearings will fail in a matter of seconds, not minutes. At least if a bearing buddy blows off or grease seal you'll still have enough grease to protect your bearings for a while. I was just in an EZ loader dealer in Langley and the trailer bearing caps look different than my buddies '05 EZ Loader with oil bath hubs. They have this metal cap now and I asked if they went back to grease and I was told these are their new no maintenance hubs/bearings and something about they have to be replaced every 5000 or 7000 miles or something like that. The only thing I don't know about is could you retrofit or add bearing buddies to them if they are using grease or what the story is. I'm not sure about stock but I know theres an EZ loader trailer dealer in Port Alberni. I think LA marine or something like that?

If you were looking at a new trailer I'd look at either Highliner trailers (Delta) or Road Runner Trailers (Mitchell Island/Richmond), both of which are made in the Lower Mainland.

having the old-style grease-hubs can give one a false sense of security.

Once the seals are blown........the water is going to get in there for sure....and the water mixes with the grease and goes milky color and the bearings start to rot out.

But a lot of guys think all they have to do is keep pumping more grease in there and everything is o.k.

It doesn't take much to sieze a bearing up or a have rotted bearing fall apart......all because the guy never checks inside the hub very much if ever.

IMHO oil bath is the way to go especially if you put a stainless steel insert from chicago rawhide on the spindle where the rear seal rides. Still on the same sets of bearings 6 years on. 6K a year on the trailer.

I need to find where to get EX loader parts .

I have an easy loader trailer with electric over hydraulic brakes. Works great but Some how the cap came off the hydraulic fluid reservoir when loading the trailer yesterday. I tried boat dealer for cap but they don't have any and aren't familiar with my unit as most are a surge brake system from factory. Does anyone know where I could find the parts. I'm in lower mainland but my boat and trailer at on west coast Vancouver island. I did take some photos of brake system.

As far as oil bath system on bearings , I like them. they have a clear window so i can see the amount and color of oil evey time I walk by. Have had them almost five years and so far no problems.
Thanks

As to the cap, look at whose coupler they use. Ez used an Attwood coupler on my 1991 trailer.

Re cap

Thanks Guys.
I looked at attwood site but could not see my brake actuator.

Parker marine in Nanaimo has a good stock of trailer parts , check em out, not the cheapest but they usually have what you need right in store.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back