1998 Silver Streak 17 runabout

1998 17’ Silver Streak custom welded runabout, check my album

built in Sooke, 5086 Aluminum, 3/16 hull and transom, 5/32 sides, 4” reverse chine, offshore bracket, full height wrap around transom, ¼”x 4” wide welded keel guard for beaching, closed bow, anti-skid decking with a fish box in the floor, large 48”x10”x12” cleaning box with a cutting board and a drain in the transom, raw water wash down, rule 800 bilge pump, welded windshield frame w/dual wipers and tinted glass, breaker panel at helm, bow and side rails, interior welded hand rails, 2 Lockable rod lockers, 2 bench seats with lockable storage beneath, lockable glove box, 5 Welded cleats, welded bow eye and 2 welded stern eyes, recent zincs…86” beam, raw water washdown

1999 Honda 90 with Honda Technical Bulletin #26 taken care of and a new starter in 2010, 1999 Honda 8 tiller kicker w/extension handle, includes high altitude jet for the 8, both engines seriously cared for. 677 hrs. Kicker has a lock bar on it .

New controls and cables for the 90 in 2010.

Fuel tank removal and re-installation, brought up to current mfr installation specs 7/2011, original 90 liter tank, fuel/water separator and filtration, new USCG A-1 fuel line 2011

Dual Optima blue tops in battery boxes with a perko switch

Humminbird 1157c with an Airmar SS60 “thru the hull” 600 watt transducer, marks at 35 mph, max depth of 1500 feet.

Compass and radio with new 8’ antenna, not DSC

2 Scotty electric riggers (30”) and a pro troll, voltage control, black box

Green sunbrella traveling cover and a top, vinyl side curtains and zippered full deck cover for travel with the top up, sunbrella engine covers to match

EZ loader trailer with new rollers and 1 year old EZ loader torsion axle with oil bath hubs, new welded stem brace and new winch belting in 2010 , aft ratchet straps and two bow tie down straps for trailering. 310# tongue weight so a 11 foot camper with extension bars can tow nicely. Front wheel on trailer is a urethane, ball bearing, zerk fitted wheel...you can push the trailer around on flat pavement.

Books for the hummingbird 1157c, Honda 90 and 8, extra props for both motors

If you know Silver Streak boats, you know the type. The boat has been primarily used in fresh water but has been used incidentally in salt around Sooke so you may recognize it, it gets washed with salt away each time (no salt corrosion)… 39 mph with three people, a full tank of fuel and fishing gear. The boat trailers nicely and has been all over the western states and southern B.C.

It sips fuel…..one tank (90 liters)= 3-4 days fishing

….put in your poles, bait, safety gear, pfd’s and go…….. more pics on request

I hate to see her go, but if she must I want her to go to somebody who can appreciate her...she purrs every time she passes Andy's place and Possession Pt...

$23,500 USD.... Separate bills of sale for the boat hull, motors and upgrades, and the trailer...are available, titles and registration current and in hand along with all maintenance reciepts....delivery to Port Angeles for a fee

Last edited by a moderator:
I would say tough sell on 12 soon to be 13 year old power. I'd say 17-19 would be reasonable. Nice boat tho!

Seriously, Thank's for the reply's....it's a bit of an interesting market for sure....especially aluminum

an 2002 18' SS just sold out of Thunderbird for 26...but I'm always open to artful negotiating....

If I take 1/2 value on all the stuff that goes with it and scrap value on the aluminum I'm right around 12...throw out the welds and the layout time

I know the age of the motor is always a question....comp test puts it right at factory and like I said....the engines have received serious care....

I'm the second owner, The first was an doctor who knew the breakdown characteristics of the oil he was putting in the engines....you get the picture

he and I mutually took care of her for four years before I bought it

You have to start somewhere......and I truly appreciate your comments....especially for an outsider from Kalifornia

I honestly think the 15-19 would be ok if she was covered with corrosion and the motors were.......soiled....scrap value part her out and be even.....but she is a well built and cared for little boat, built for the conditions around the straights...and she tows like a dream...a very nice single handed

this mornings additions.....do these engines look like 12 year olds?

In all honesty these guys are pretty bang on with numbers. Silver Streaks are excellent hulls, the age of the power is a major issue with the price maintained well (Which we can see), or not. I could see you getting 20k from someone who really want's to fish, has the coin, and doesn't want the hassle of rigging up and gearing. Just so you know aluminum doesn't "corrode" as it has an oxidizing layer which is why people want aluminum. They withstand salt with no problems but it's nice to know you clean rinse too. That boat will still be on this planet long after you and I are gone. No one is trying to insult you at all sir. We're just being realistic with what the actual value is. For a Silver Streak 15k as was previously mentioned IS a bit low, but anything over 20k for this boat is also too high IMO.
If you're in that range it should be a pretty easy sale sir. Most people would be looking at this hull with the thought to repower within a year or two after running the bag off the engines. A new engine can just "go" but at least there's some warranty, but an aged well taken care of motor can go as well just as easy, or easier. It boils down to the hull, and you have a good one. IMO I'd say list it at 20k and see what happens.

Nothing taken as insult or attitude...

believe me, I DO appreciate the comments and the responses.......and the price opinions as well

I mod another fishing site so I know how things can be misconstrued

I posted her up your way because you guys know the hull....it took me a while to appreciate it

BTW......I know aluminum....really well...that's why I bought it

but if you let trace currents get away from you and don't maintain your zincs you will have corrosion problems....no matter the grade

I have had a few issues with craigslist being that I'm an "out of towner"

that being said.....she has been on this site and this site only for a bit....and this am on the SF craiglslist...only because they (craigslist) won't allow me to post her in Victoria any longer....I'd much rather see her go up your way

I'll think on the 20k for a bit...

One more little thing before I leave....she comes about nicely, between 7-9 second intervals....and she can surf too:rolleyes:

You might want to factor in what the new replacement cost of this boat into your equations.

That's another thought. Many people don't want to wait out a build time either. Depends on SS's backlog.
I know someone who is looking for a 17 SS depending on your bottom dollar I could mention it to him.
He's been interested in one ever since he rode in FA's boat.
Send me a pm when you've decided what the bottom is for you, and I'll pass it along :)
He's been in no hurry and was waiting for the "right" price to come along.

I wasn't going to bring that up...but thank you....replacement for the boat is close to 45K....hull alone 23k plus options, plus trailer, motors and rig, FF and transducer.

That looks like a 20 HT in your pic there Whole in the Water

A boat is only worth what somebody else is willing to pay for it.

If you're in no rush to sell, I'd wait it out. The right buyer will come around eventually. It's a tough market for sellers right now. There isn't very many of the locally made aluminum boats for sale right now in that size, so you have that on your side. I looked for almost a year to find my boat. I had a budget and criteria that had to be met. Finally I found what I was looking for, but ended up paying a touch more than I wanted to. But I got the boat I wanted. Somebody will buy your boat. Probably for somewhere in the low to mid $20s I would think. At least based on my experience in the market over the past year, that is what I would expect that boat to go for. But, that being said, if somebody really wants your boat, they will pay close to your asking. I think it's just hard to sell right now. There is a lot of guys out there trying to lowball sellers. The boat that I bought had the same guy try and lowball the seller a few times, and he didn't move from his price because of that. I was interested in his boat, and offered lower than asking, but I didn't lowball and offend him. So he was willing to deal and came down quite a bit from his asking price. I think we both walked away fairly happy.

I'm always interested in negotiating....within reason :)

there are some pics in a public album I've put up for ya

I'll add more a little later

OK.....I'll break the silence...

I'm reading alot about the new 12% sales tax....I'm assuming it's on the hull.....believe me, I feel for you guys

so here's what I'll do....I'll split the 12% on the price of the hull. I figure the split at 900....but I hate numbers that aren't even....

so I'll reduce the price by $1000.00....that totals ....$3450 in reductions off the rediculously overpriced number.

I agree with FA....and if it doesn't sell I'll keep her....as much as I'd like to buy that new one :rolleyes:

That puts the price at $26,500. ...

BTW....I don't winterize her......I use her all winter, same treatment....she'd like a lab...if there's water nearby she's in it.

Cheers,

I would sell mine and buy yours in a heart beat. I have a 1993 16 ft Silver Streak. Took some time to find her and I know to a tee what she is worth. Stick to your guns there are buyers out there looking for Silver Streaks. I have found in the past the best way to sell a boat still is thru the local BST not the internet or forums as everyone who knows nothing will pipe in wanting a better deal. At $26.500 I am sure there is some wiggle room for the right buyer. But wait for that buyer. Even craiglist can be better then a fishing forum to sell something. Nothing against SFBC forms...Really IMO...

Craigslist has something against me posting in Vancouver or Victoria.......I guess I'll have to move...:D

Thanks for the comment FA...I know mine as well...;)

Local BST?

Back