Duncan Prawn Festival

profisher

Went up as a last minute guest to see April Wine in Duncan last night. We had to meet at the Craig Street Brew Pub to get our free tickets. To our surprise they were cooking fresh prawns in front of the pub. 1 pound for $12.00. Just off the boat in Cow Bay, jumbos that were still alive when they went into the boiling water while we waited. Might make the drive back up for another pound or two.

How was the concert? They were awesome 20 yrs ago when i last saw them

Aging myself, but first saw April Wine in Buffalo NY outdoor concert in 1978. Other bands playing were the Stones, Journey and Atlanta Rhythm Section. Sorry for the hijack.

Miles can still sing even though he had just got the flu. I thought they sounded good but the buddy who was with me was a bit more critical as he plays in a couple of local bands. Another one of the guys we were with used to be a member of Kick Axe.

Last edited by a moderator:
Might have to grab some at Cow Bay Docks to bring home. But nice to sit down in the pub with the atmosphere even at $12 to enjoy with one of their brewery pops.

Seen April Wine several times at the old Memorial Area.Late 70's,early 80's.Brought my girlfriend at the time to the
Nature of the Beast tour and we fought our way to the very front.Held her on my shoulders for most of the concert.
Man it was frickin' loud!!Our ears were ringing for a couple of days after.Awesome live band back in the day for sure!

Miles can still sing even though he had just got the flu. I thought they sounded good but the buddy who was with me was a bit more critical as he plays in a couple of local bands. Another one of the guys we were with used to be a member of Kick Axe.

Wow, Kick Axe eh? That's a band name I haven't heard of for some time..

Back