drop shot technique

hottest technique going for largemouth bass. finesse technique, i kind of know the basics but have never tried it. supposed to be very good when the bite is slow.

hottest technique going for largemouth bass. finesse technique, i kind of know the basics but have never tried it. supposed to be very good when the bite is slow.

quote:
thx alot for the info!

To get even better sensitivity use Tungsten drop shots ;). You will feel every inch of the bottom.

quote:
thx alot for the info!

To get even better sensitivity use Tungsten drop shots ;). You will feel every inch of the bottom.

Hey guys!
The drop shot rig is not an technique that requires bottom feel. It needs the weight to get down fairly quickly but when it is there you impart the action into the baits through the rod tip control. When fishing carolina or texas rigs you typically use a lift and drop or dragging technique, drop shotting is a technique that keys on a specific area and fishes it very slowly. It is almost like vertical jigging except your bait bounces rather than lifts and drops aggressively.
The tungsten weights are great for their smaller diameters for the weight versus lead but really the secret to drop shot fishing is the swivels themselves. The design in the swivel allows the user to pull the meat and potatoes end of your rig back to the boat when there is a hang up. This saves the anglers on hooks and time. The next important part of drop shot fishing is the line and rod selection. If you typically use an extra limp monofialment on your spinning gear then you may want to change to flourocarbon. This bite and hook sets are very different from anything you have fished before. The Bass bite the offering very lightly and so the hook set must be equally deliberate. It does take some time to realize the difference but the sooner you do the more fish you will put in the boat.
This technique is favoured throughout the season, it is deadly on deep early season fish holding in 30' - 40' of water as well as mid to late season fish holding in 15' - 25' of water. This in NOT a create searching presentation, it was designed to fish a specific area thoroughly when a concentration of fish have been found.
This technique would work equally fine fishing for Trout, Crappie or Perch.
I hope this sheds some light on the subject, if not please feel free to contact me.

Terry Skipper
www.reactionbaits.com

Hey guys!
The drop shot rig is not an technique that requires bottom feel. It needs the weight to get down fairly quickly but when it is there you impart the action into the baits through the rod tip control. When fishing carolina or texas rigs you typically use a lift and drop or dragging technique, drop shotting is a technique that keys on a specific area and fishes it very slowly. It is almost like vertical jigging except your bait bounces rather than lifts and drops aggressively.
The tungsten weights are great for their smaller diameters for the weight versus lead but really the secret to drop shot fishing is the swivels themselves. The design in the swivel allows the user to pull the meat and potatoes end of your rig back to the boat when there is a hang up. This saves the anglers on hooks and time. The next important part of drop shot fishing is the line and rod selection. If you typically use an extra limp monofialment on your spinning gear then you may want to change to flourocarbon. This bite and hook sets are very different from anything you have fished before. The Bass bite the offering very lightly and so the hook set must be equally deliberate. It does take some time to realize the difference but the sooner you do the more fish you will put in the boat.
This technique is favoured throughout the season, it is deadly on deep early season fish holding in 30' - 40' of water as well as mid to late season fish holding in 15' - 25' of water. This in NOT a create searching presentation, it was designed to fish a specific area thoroughly when a concentration of fish have been found.
This technique would work equally fine fishing for Trout, Crappie or Perch.
I hope this sheds some light on the subject, if not please feel free to contact me.

Terry Skipper
www.reactionbaits.com

Hey guys,
I am going to be at Gill's Fishing Tackle in Langley for their annual customer appreciation day. I would love to answer any of your questions and show you some of our new soft plastics.
There are also prizes and a great sale.

See you there,

Terry Skipper
www.reactionbaits.com

Hey guys,
I am going to be at Gill's Fishing Tackle in Langley for their annual customer appreciation day. I would love to answer any of your questions and show you some of our new soft plastics.

See you there,

Terry Skipper
www.reactionbaits.com

quote:
Hey guys,

See you there,

Terry Skipper
www.reactionbaits.com
When is it?

quote:
Hey guys,

See you there,

Terry Skipper
www.reactionbaits.com
When is it?

Back