drift boat

quote:Originally posted by Dinnertime

If i was the mod i would kick you off the site. Pass that.

And if I were the moderator here, you, as a complete NEWBIE [:eek:)] would receive but one warning for trash-talkin' long term & RESPECTED Members before I gave You the Boot![B)]

Pass That Yourself [^]
Nog

Iron Noggin, if the dude is a longtime member then he should know better then to hijack the thread with that nonsense, i joined to interact with experienced,knowelgeble,anglers such as myself,dont have time for that gobbely gook.

6 posts, I guess it don't take much to run into an a#$%^%&^&e.. Lighten up man, We have been here for years.-dirty
chev-6160773

I APPRECIATE THE FEEDBACK YOU FELLAS HAVE GIVEN ME CONCERNING A DRIFTBOAT ALTHOUGH IT HASN'T MADE LIFE ANY EASIER BECAUSE SOME OF YOU INCLUDING A BOAT DEALER ADVOCATED THAT AN INFLATABLE IS THE WAY TO GO.UP UNTIL THAT POINT I HADN'T EVEN CONSIDERED IT.HAVING JUST LOOKED AT A WILLIE DRIFT BOAT WHICH SEEMED TO TAKE ON THE DIMENSIONS OF A BATTLESHIP (16 FEET LONG WITH A GUNNEL WIDTH OF 74INCHES) IT MIGHT BE NOT A BAD IDEA TO LOOK AT AN INFLATABLE ALTHOUGH I GET THE IMPRESSION THAT THERE'S ENOUGH NOISE ON THE RIVER WITHOUT ME ADDING TO IT.ANYWAY ONCE AGAIN THANKS AND IF ANYBODY HAS ANY SUGGESTIONS LET ME KNOW AS I AM TRYING TO AVOID MAKING A DUMB OR EXPENSIVE MISTAKE. I AM TRYING TO GET MYSELF SET UP FOR NEXT SEASON(AUGUST ONWARDS).IT'S NOW TIME TO BUG THE GUYS ON THE SALT WITH A BOAT CHOICE.

There where 2 drift boats on Used Victoria 4 sale. One was a Fish-rite and the other a Hyde. Both excellent boats. But of course Willie is (Simple the Best).

Tournament Proven !

With the lack of steel im betting there will be alot of driftboats for sale for good prices soon.Buyers market dude

Lack of steel? Not sure where your fishing but we seem to be doing alright?;) Poppa Swiss has a beautiful fish-rite for sale. Throw a long shaft 9.9 on it and your laughing. You will be able to motor up from Somass Park to the Conny and put around uptop!

Pass the Pack

Bad idea ,Driftboats and outboards dont mix,not enough power and adds too much wieght,making it harder to row.12 OR 13 ft inflatable,with a 9.9hp now your talkin ,be able to fish all the way up to the bucket.

Bad idea? Seemed to work pretty good for us on the Stamp and Cowichan. Especially when backing down river being able to hover and hold in spots that drifts without motors can't. Ur right probably a bad idea though;) I mean what do the guides and guys that fish the river every day know right? Your right about the zodiac though but why bother with a 9.9? Might aswell have a 40/30 works pretty good for me...:D

Pass the Pack

Wrong again Lunchbox. U might want to check facts before stating your opinion. The only operator that is allowed to run a jet on the Stamp River "legally" is David Murphy. Why? Because David won the ruling in court some years ago. The decision stated that David was exempt from the 9.9 hp restriction, said nothing about all guides exempt from the hp restriction. The "guide rumor" has been feed to newbs for years, looks like its still working:D

Pass the Pack

Wrong again Lunchbox. U might want to check facts before stating your opinion. The only operator that is allowed to run a jet on the Stamp River "legally" is David Murphy. Why? Because David won the ruling in court some years ago. The decision stated that David was exempt from the 9.9 hp restriction, said nothing about all guides exempt from the hp restriction. The "guide rumor" has been feed to newbs for years, looks like its still working:D

Pass the Pack

Then why don't they enforce the rule on the rest of the guides,from my understanding they all contributed to the lawyer fighting the court case.First i ever heard of that!

Then why don't they enforce the rule on the rest of the guides,from my understanding they all contributed to the lawyer fighting the court case.First i ever heard of that!

And one more thing if that were true then why would Murphy not try to get the rule enforced and eliminate the competition.

And one more thing if that were true then why would Murphy not try to get the rule enforced and eliminate the competition.

Dave took this to court and beat it long before the other guides ever dreamed of running jet boats. He was and is the pioneer for running jets on the Stamp, so as far as you little " all the guides chipped in theory" your wrong once again:D As far as enforcement everyone in the valley has accepted the fact that jets are apart of the stamp, there not allowed to fire up before 8am and that seems to fit everyone on the river pretty well. And as far as Dave "RATTING" as u suggest on his friends and fellow guides to somehow control a monopoly on the Stamp. Well thats not happening anytime soon, maybe in your mind that would be a good idea but then again I guess your a RAT!:D

Pass the Pack

Dave took this to court and beat it long before the other guides ever dreamed of running jet boats. He was and is the pioneer for running jets on the Stamp, so as far as you little " all the guides chipped in theory" your wrong once again:D As far as enforcement everyone in the valley has accepted the fact that jets are apart of the stamp, there not allowed to fire up before 8am and that seems to fit everyone on the river pretty well. And as far as Dave "RATTING" as u suggest on his friends and fellow guides to somehow control a monopoly on the Stamp. Well thats not happening anytime soon, maybe in your mind that would be a good idea but then again I guess your a RAT!:D

Pass the Pack

Back