downrigger ?

They are the best, very durable and strong, I cann't imagine not having them now. Well worth the cost, get the one with the swivel on it.

Ya I dont see the purpose please explain.

The idea is that cable, and the new braided line, doesn't have helluva lotta stretch.

So there you are on the swells and your cable is taking a beating because of all the up 'n down.

The answer is of course some sort of bungee between the weight and the cable and that's what commercial guys have been using for years.

I don't see the need for the swivel though since the ball doesn't spin why put a swivel on the end?

Well, the other value of the snubbers is that they break at about 80 - 100#. If I'm completely hung up, I'd rather break the snubber than have to cut the cable. I've only had to do this once, but that was enough.

Looking at them wouldn't it be a little harder hooking up ,and bringing in the ball.Just seems with all that stretch things would be boucing all over the place when in rougher water.

we use the snubbers and had one cable hang up 20 feet off bottom[B)]
must have been a sunken deadhead or something, but it caught up and when we got it loose the snubber had stretched about 9 inches.

its worked itself back to within 2-4 inches of its original length since then.

Dog breath what happens is its the cable that wants to spin you have a pully one way and a pully the other way it wants to kink up thats the reason for the swivals as the ball is like you said supposed to not spin,

They do work but then you have opened up another thing your voltage link is now broken another thing you black boxers DONT want to hear!!

Powell What I run is a snap ring #100 on my swival so the snap rings breaks and Yes I loose the ball but dont wreak my wire

Good luck Wolf

Good explaination Wolf, not only that, they make a great handle to left the canon ball to the boat. I got hung up on the bottom going deep for winter springs 2 yrs ago, managed to free it. The snuber stetched to about 2 ft. I used it for 2 more trips befor I changed it, I was amazed at the resillence.

Back