Douglas Channel

W

wapiti

Any fishing reports for the Douglas Channel? Planning on a trip to Kitimat in early September. Any information will be much appreciated

Fishing reports for northern BC, including Kitimat and Pr. Rupert areas are closely guarded secrets this year.

From what I have gathered from this forum and other sources however, is to expect runs as good or better than last year (which was a phenomenal year). Apparently the Alaskans have maintained their commercial catch reduction that they implemented last year (or the year before that).

The spring and early summer had unpredictable weather which kept a lot of the recreational fishers in smaller boats off the water or at least closer to shore. August might bring out the people that held back their holidays if the weather is decent.

I have not heard how the halibut fishing is going.

I'm heading up to Rupert on the 17th to harass the cohos for a few days - I'll stop at my favorite tackle shop in Terrace and give them heck for not posting!!!

Coho fishing has been very around Work channel but I do not know a thing about Douglas channel.[:I]

IMG_1445.jpg

Back