Dougan Lake

B

bbronswyk2000

Anyone fish this lake? Its only 5mins from my house and when I only have a couple hours am going to bring down the tin boat and toss a line. Just wondering what kind of fishing I should expect.

Stocked with rainbows every year. Never got anything of "size" out of Dougan, but had some tasty meals.
Pretty little lake.

Welcome to the 'neighbourhood'.

fished it once a few weeks back and got skunked - the shore guys with power bait pulled in a few 16"+ fish though.

Not exactly a wilderness experience but like time said a pretty lake.

Used to fish it all the time, but this was probably 6+ years ago now.

I have got some real beauties in the past. Rainbows and Cutties. One 22" cuttie. There are lots of sunfish in it now and I wouldn't be suprised if it has perch.

It's decent. I wouldn't eat anything out of it though. If you're ever downwind of the cow farm next door you'll smell why.

Fished it last weekend. Lots of nice 10"-12" rainbow and one lunker came in at 19"!!!

It should be good through June, but July and Aug it gets pretty warm. The water gets over 65. Its good again by mid Sept and through Oct.

Good Luck!

Fished it last weekend. Lots of nice 10"-12" rainbow and one lunker came in at 19"!!!

It should be good through June, but July and Aug it gets pretty warm. The water gets over 65. Its good again by mid Sept and through Oct.

Good Luck!

Back