Double Eagle 185 kicker length

northfork

Those with a DE185....what length shaft for kicker works best on DE185? Assume likely an XL shaft is the way to go. Would a long shaft still work ok if attaching direct to the transom without adjustable bracket or best to go XL shaft. Thx

Those with a DE185....what length shaft for kicker works best on DE185? Assume likely an XL shaft is the way to go. Would a long shaft still work ok if attaching direct to the transom without adjustable bracket or best to go XL shaft. Thx
I have an 8HP Yamaha High Thrust (model T8MLHA) on my DE185 and have never had any issue. If you provide your email address, I can send you a photo, or you can come take a look if you prefer. I'm in Victoria.

Long shaft will be plenty as you prob only have a 20” transom but you can for sure run a XL just more designed for a 25” transom and you’d have to tilt it up all the time no matter what if you went XL

i have a Yamaha F -8 regular shaft on my DE 185 and it’s just fine ; however in fairly rough seas, or when the same yahoo guide boat decides he’s gonna fly thru the crowd of boats full speed “waking” everyone, i do get some cavitation. minor though.

transom is crowded but with the correct steering setup it’s all good

Back