Doit 12lb downrigger eyes

Statler

Does anyone know where you can buy the brass eyes used with a 12lb DOIT downrigger mold, in Victoria?
Thanks

Thanks LastChance. I was looking for the preformed ones. They are available from Cabela's (US) for a fair price but once you add in the shipping, taxes and brokerage fees it almost triples the cost. Was just wondering if there was a local supplier. If I can't find them then I plan on building a jig and making my own.

Island Outfitters had some, but I think they were the small ones. If Island Outfitters or Trotac doesn't have them, you might be SOL.

Dave

Berry's bait and tackle (in Richmond) will have them and will ship no problem. like a buck or two more than US prices.

Thanks I'll check them out. I may have found a solution anyway. A friend is heading down to Bellingham this week and will have a look around to see if he find them there.

gilwell sent you a pm.

Finished Business thanks for the info. The young fellow is going over to Vancouver for a hockey game and will be playing just down the road at the Richmond Ice Centre and will be passing by pretty close to the tackle shop and is going to drop in for me and pick up a 150 of them for me. Hopefully this will last a season or two. lol Thanks a lot I really appreciated the help in tracking them down.

If not, your buddy passing through should stop at LFS. Few other shops in Bham carry molding products anymore. Yeagers is fazing out their stock, and I believe there is one other fishing shop in downtown Bham that also no longer sells lead molding products. LFS has a full stock of molds and eyes/forms...down in the harbour.

I hear tell of a Cabela's opening up in Bellingham...

I hear tell of a Cabela's opening up in Bellingham...

Tulalip is almost open later this spring. Is this the one your thinking about?

Yeah I checked out all the molds at LFS as well. Nice selection. I have only looked on line before and it was nice to see some of them up close and personal. I want to pour some swimbait lead head's with hooks.

I ordered some eyes years ago direct from a manufacturer he had every size imaginable and in many different lengths and choice between brass and stainless! I'll do some digging see if can find the link to this seller again.

Back