dodgers by wayne laughren

Did anyone actually know Wayne Laughren? I had a good friend back in the day with the same last name but only met his dad a few times before he passed away. Wondering if it was his dad who made these. Was kind if a short white guy who lived right on sooke road I think it was across from Jocks almost. I wasn't into fishing back then but if its the same guy I want one too just for nostalgic reasons :)

Agreed-that's why I ended up using mine as a dummy and it was great for that really looked like something swimming behind the wire.

Same here but use it both ways… They can tangle easy with strong tides and turning to sharp, and yes can be a hassle to hook up all the time. But when you hook up with no flasher the fun begins. Also i find when using it the other side goes off a lot more. Big flash down there that a flasher just doesn't have. My 2 cents ??

He ran a charter service in Sooke early 1990's. He fished the dodgers and advertised them as being able to fight the Spring with no flasher drag. I caught my first Spring on his boat in 1990. I chartered with him for several years after and at one time had enough people that we had Wayne and Rollie and Savey and all used the Super release dodger for the 3 days we chartered.

Make your own...not rocket science. Buy some spring brass..cut to length and play with some bends,,then take to a chrome shop. Pretty easy and you have your own gear.

Back