Axopar 28 or 37

Bing

Hello everyone, I am ready to buy my first boat in my life. Does anyone have any experience with Axopar? Is it suitable for a day of fishing or daily leisure activities?Another option is the XO, which seems more attractive with its aluminum hull, but it seems to be pre-ordered and has a long waiting period.

My buddy sells them like crazy here in town, I'd go see them directly. They have 2 in the family a 37 and a 20 as a tender. I don't Ike them as a typical west coast fishing boat but as a fast commuter / resort boat they are very capable in poor conditions. PM me if you want his contact but not difficult to figure out who.

I believe they have a used 28 available currently too.

donkey boat for fishing, and in rough water if you dont mind having family members washed out the stern.

Did you see this from last week in Bellingham area?

Axopar 37... blew the front windows out... blood everywhere. Local waters...
View attachment 104438
View attachment 104439View attachment 104440

Not the first time I've heard that happening on an Axopar...

OP: these boats are known for being tenders and commuters, and if that's what you see yourself doing mostly, knock your socks off. However, they make some major design choices to fit those use cases that make them less than ideal for fishing or other activities. Lots in the local marinas, but rarely do I see one out fishing.

Was interested in seeing how they handle rough water. Lots of marketing videos, but this one gives a pretty realistic view of performance in bad conditions:

A couple are moored near us at Reed Point. They are pretty sexy looking and I really like their uniqueness ,I see mostly see them zipping around in the nice weather. One thing to consider before you pull the trigger on any boat is whether or not you have your moorage already under contract

I spoke to a fellow on our dock last year who took his pal's out to fish and he told me it was not a boat to fish from. He felt accidentally falling out of the boat was just far too easy.

I see them zipping around in the nice weather. They look to me like they would be more at home in the Med as a tender, or in the Muskokas or Lake Tahoe as a launch.

They are pretty spendy when you consider what you can get as custom aluminum build or buy something like a Cutwater, etc. for similar or less money.

A thread on The Hull Truth got a bit testy (shocker)

All of the rough water You Tubes seem to have pretty experienced folks running the boats.

I’ve heard of boats getting windows punched out on the west coast but Bellingham? Yikes, too much power on many of these boats for the amount of experience people have.

My advice to the poster is look at Boston Whaler Conquest 255 or 285 or the new versions at M&P boat centre. Probably too much power for a first time boat owner but at least less chance of stuffing the bow and taking a wave through the windshield.

Does anyone else think this thread is bs. No one goes on a fishing forum and as if they should buy a 37 foot eurotrash hybrid yacht as their first fishing boat.

It seems believable to me, Motorycle forums are full of these kind of posts, New riders join a forum to learn about bikes and ask the same types of new rider/new boater questions

There is a lot of knowledge and common sense shared on this forum, and the mods do a great job of keeping it a safe and friendly place.

I stumbled across and then joined this forum becasue we were thinking of getting a boat and after following ReelSlim's build, we built pretty well the same boat.

Now I grew up with boats and my wife ( had brought a 60 footer down from Alaska in a previous life .So we had some knowledge and knew what we wanted. (Of course if we were to do it again we (I) would have built a slightly larger boat- say 31 feet with a pod.

Windows break, especially when they’re that big and there’s stuff floating in the ocean that gets rammed at the windshield when a wave hits it.

一对夫妇停泊在我们附近的里德角。它们看起来非常性感,我真的很喜欢它们的独特性,我看到它们大多在天气好的时候飞快地走来走去。在您扣动任何船只的扳机之前要考虑的一件事是您的停泊地是否已签订合同

去年我和我们码头上的一个人交谈过,他带着他的朋友出去钓鱼,他告诉我这不是一艘可以钓鱼的船。他觉得不小心从船上掉下来太容易了。

我看到他们在好天气里飞快地走来走去。在我看来,它们更适合在地中海作为补给船,或者在马斯科卡斯或太浩湖作为下水艇。

当您考虑以类似或更少的钱可以定制铝制建筑或购买像 Cutwater 等东西时,它们是相当昂贵的。

关于赫尔真相的帖子有点暴躁(令人震惊)

所有汹涌的水流 YouTube 似乎都有经验丰富的人在操纵船只。
will check the cutwater

Ton of money for a narrow bow rider. Never understood this hull type unless your loaded and just looking for a fast boat to Rip from A to B.

I know a family that blew out the front window of there axopar on the Straight. They've since given up on there boating dreams. If you have that type of money get a Grady or something better for the Westcoast. "Eurotrash"

Back