Do you remember a TV commercial with video images of the Stamp River?

Hiaseen

Hello. I am hoping to find someone who remembers a commercial that used to air on TV in BC that included video images of the Stamp River. The commercial would have aired somewhere between 1988 to 1993.

You see as I approach the end of my career in forestry I remember one of my first experiences working in coastal BC was doing inventory work and flying with a helicopter pilot that actually flew the commercial. He offered to take me and a counterpart from Victoria into the gorge and fly the same route. Well this prairie farm boy loved it. The fella in the back though kept saying; "I’m not comfortable with this….I’m not comfortable with this…” we kept flying anyway! LOL.

I was hoping someone might remember the commercial on TV and point me towards who produced it. Was it Tourism BC etc., I have done a bunch of looking but have had no success. I remember seeing the commercial a fair bit but at the time I hadn't actually been there so I never really paid attention. I would like to see if I can find a copy of it on the Internet.

I've worked on both coasts of Canada and seem spectacular scenery but this would be a chance to have the video of what I flew and who I flew with. My memory seems to be fading with age……some of you may be able to relate :)

Thanks for reading this.

I know the videos you are taking about. There was one about the Lady Rose too. Hellobc.com has newer videos but not the one you want.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back