Diesel truck tuning - worth it?

X2 on the live. I wish I had went that route. I got the edge tuner. At the time it was around 6 or 7 hundred.

X2 on the EGR also. When you tune these up theres a major restriction there. Gets sooted up. Mine ran better when I first tuned it. Pretty sure I need to delete the EGR and install the larger pipe. Then she will breathe. Yes this adds power but also adds engine efficiency and that's how you increase mileage

Larger y bridge too really wakes em up as well

Larger y bridge too really wakes em up as well

Guess it's like anything eh. No end. Pretty soon your rolling coal with a sticker on the back that says yeehaw lol

I've been putting mine off for a while. I wrench all day, so at the end of the day I just want to either go kill things that swim or something relaxing. I'll probly end up finding someone who does this stuff professionally and gladly paying them their time to do the work.

Any recommendations?

Guess it's like anything eh. No end. Pretty soon your rolling coal with a sticker on the back that says yeehaw lol

I've been putting mine off for a while. I wrench all day, so at the end of the day I just want to either go kill things that swim or something relaxing. I'll probly end up finding someone who does this stuff professionally and gladly paying them their time to do the work.

Any recommendations?
dont forget your white oakley sunglasses and a flat brim hat lol

Any recommendations?
this is what gives me some hesitation - even

Any recommendations?
haha, this is how I feel - simply want some advice on how to improve my mileage and wouldn't even care if I gave up a few hp in the process, but the advice quickly evolves in to something that sounds to me like it is meant to roll coal.

this is what gives me some hesitation - even

haha, this is how I feel - simply want some advice on how to improve my mileage and wouldn't even care if I gave up a few hp in the process, but the advice quickly evolves in to something that sounds to me like it is meant to roll coal.

I hear ya. However if you give up HP you will loose fuel economy with diesels. Only way to get these things rolling to their most efficient way is to make them breath with a little tuning.

If I set my edge tuner to level 3 it gets the best economy. About 2 mpg better than stock. However you touch the gas and it's like an on off switch. So I use level 2 and truck runs alot nicer than stock. I just know that deleting the egr will improv the running condition more. I watched a youtube video once where a guy pulled off that intake pipe, and the 2 rectangular holes were half clogged with soot

Ironically tuning and larger injectors is better for fuel economy in a diesel. Just drive it like a normal person and you’ll get good mileage. Remember that your truck weighs twice as much as many so you can ease into acceleration.

I gained 3 mpg or so in the city once I deleted. The highway is way more than that. It makes you wonder what’s worse for the environment. I can burn much more fuel through a dpf and egr, or I can delete and use much less fuel with worse emissions coming out the tailpipe. I dunno what’s actually worse

My 05’ LLY with 90 Liter tank lucky to get 550km hwy. EGR delete and tow/econo tune, 35” tires. Perhaps you have a larger tank but I don’t see 12/24v Cummins fuel mileage out of mine.
do you have lbz turbo inlet pipe? also do you run stanadyne advitive in your fuel? all those little things make huge differences. If im on the boost yeah ill get prob 650 - 700 a tank but higher if im light on it and not on alot of hill pulls.

do you have lbz turbo inlet pipe? also do you run stanadyne advitive in your fuel? all those little things make huge differences. If im on the boost yeah ill get prob 650 - 700 a tank but higher if im light on it and not on alot of hill pulls.
Besides the egr delete and 5 stage tune it’s stock. I’ve tried every fuel additive on the market and haven’t seen significant fuel economy gains, certainly not hundreds of extra km per tank. I still think 15L/100km is decent for the power and capability of the rig. I’ve got a gutless Nissan 3.3L v-6 work truck that burns more on the logging roads.

Besides the egr delete and 5 stage tune it’s stock. I’ve tried every fuel additive on the market and haven’t seen significant fuel economy gains, certainly not hundreds of extra km per tank. I still think 15L/100km is decent for the power and capability of the rig. I’ve got a gutless Nissan 3.3L v-6 work truck that burns more on the logging roads.
well I dont run 35's I only run 33's 285/70/17 and 15L/100 is not great.. I wonder why its bad I could see 12 but I dont usually see higher then 13.5 in the super cold winter. summer I range from 9.5 to 8.5/100

well I dont run 35's I only run 33's 285/70/17 and 15L/100 is not great.. I wonder why its bad I could see 12 but I dont usually see higher then 13.5 in the super cold winter. summer I range from 9.5 to 8.5/100
I dunno, talked to lots of lly/lbz owners that get around the same as me. I know I could use another gear on the hwy HA

Back