Developments

Mighty Sylvan

What fishing community developments do you own or catch your eye and what do you like about them. If you own one what do you love about it and what do you not like about it. I like Salmon beach but I don't like the fact that it does not have a marina.

I'd like to hear about the Port Renfrew development and the new marina.

Last edited by a moderator:
Torquort bay, looked promising but would have to make changes in the accessing the area

saw nun, musta lack'd in coin!!!!!

Haggard's cove is nice. Nice Marina and great neighbours. Too bad I have to sell my lot there.

I have a lot at Salmon Beach and the only reason I bought there was it was the cheapest recreational property I could find on the West Coast. The taxes are starting to make it not so enjoyable but other than that I love it there. The power is hooked up now as well which is a bonus.

Things I like about it.

-Initial price is affordable compared to other area's.
-Really close to awesome fishing inside or offshore.
-Very close to Ukee harbour for fuel ice etc.
-You can drive there and the road is graded quite a few times a year so it's a pretty good road.
-Still close enough you can drive to Ukee or Tofino for an afternoon and play tourist if you want lol.
-Has hydro.
-Great folks mostly with a wide mix of people from all walks of life. Some good socializing in the evenings ha ha.

Things I don't like about it.

-Taxes are quite high for what you have.
- No marina. (I am looking into mooring at Toquart this year or next. 11 minute drive from SB).
-The boat launch is unusable at really low tide.

Cheers,
John

Baddog. I have lot 24. which is just around the corner heading to the right. No cabin usually use the marina and sleep on the boat. My wife would like somehting we can drive to by car so I am trying to sell the lot.

I'd like to hear about the Port Renfrew development and the new marina.

pescador.........We bought our place at Wildcoast cottages and took ownership last May. We bought the year before sort of sight unseen. I knew the area since I did most of my fishing in Renfrew. At the time it was by far the cheapest rec property with a small cabin anywhere. We bought before we even knew about the marina was going in so it's a real bonus. The first phase is completely done and sold out I believe but the next phase is starting. We are driving out next week to get it ready for the summer and the docks are supposed to be in by May 15th. So far for the time we have spent there it's worked out great for us.......cheers!

RS, I looked a couple of years ago at the first phase which you must have got in on. It looks to me like the new pricing is considerable higher. Is it just market driven, or is there something materially different? The cottages look really nice, but, small.. What do you do if you have family staying over with you? Overall, its still a pretty sweet place and I agree, that marina looks great. That river launch is not very appetizing and I hear the marina has a launch facility. I may be up there Canada Day long weekend given the area 19/20 issue. Thanks for your insight....

Back