Deadliest Catch

• Thread starter The Fish Assassin
  • Start date
T

The Fish Assassin

Anyone on here wach this show? If so What the hell was the Captain of the Wizard thinking when he tried to put that tarp on in 40 ft seas?

Take only what you need.
3641877346_d9919f98d0.jpg

I was thinking the same thing, he should have done that in the harbour, he had lots of time.

I too agree, I was also thinking that if I was to use a tarp like he did I would have made sure to user a heavier tarp. That one looked like it came from Wal-mart. With that wind and those seas that tarp wouldn't have lasted long even if he did manage to get it covering his traps.

And remember....Keep your tip up!!!

quote: he should have done that in the harbour, he had lots of time.

That is exactly what I told my wife. I said to her after they said what his plans where, " oh ya it makes way more sense to put it on out in the ocean than at the dock where its calm."

And what was he thinking taking 225 pots!!?? I really wonder about that guys thought process sometimes. All the other skippers said he was nuts to take that many to begin with.

Take only what you need.

Guess he would have been OK had he been out in a Whaler...cause they are the baddest boats out there.

Without a Whaler the rest of us a mere mortals...

Your so right, but I had no idea they made them that big! Must be a custom job huh?

Take only what you need.

Keith was instructed by whoever provided the tarp that it would just roll up over the stack without to much trouble. It was a new concept so I guess he found out the hard way the guy he bought it from was full of s&*t. I couldn't see it working at all in 40-50 knot winds...that was a big sail they tried to man handle. Guess he'll be a little gun shy from now on. Great show...I couldn't do that job..don't know how they can stand the cold and the lack of sleep for as long as they do. They sure ride the greenhorns hard.

Back