cutting up beach wood

tubbed out

Anyone know if its legal to cut logs for firewood at any of the westshore (langord } beaches

Im lookin to get a pile of wood for camping

Ive done it in the past and never had an issue .

quote:Originally posted by The Jackel
[br]Just a word of warning burning salt laden wood produces dioxins and furans, nasty stuff. Plus with burning moist wood and with the salt it makes a nice acid bath, good for corroding the metal pipes[:0]

This is true but he siad it was for camping and not his woodstove.

It is technically illegal but DFO or MOE or whoever has jurisdiction tends to look the other way (at least up island) unless there is a public complaint.

Beach wood is tough on your powersaw. The outside is laden with sand and gravel, so bring a file. My brother bought a saw from a guy who used it to cut beach wood. Anything that was aluminum was pitted and everything else (chain brake, oiler, bar adjustment, etc.) was siezed solid with salt.

myself and friends burned beachwood in our fire places steady for at least 10 yrs no ill effects on fireplaces but were warm for cheap.. burns fine if you let it drya bit check the regs at langford i guess. where are the lang ford or westshore beaches anyway? the beaches around vic are posted no removal i believe so is the lagoon rd. because of erosion concerns.

Back