Custom Sage Mooching rods

Wooly

Hey guys I have two sage mooching rods for sale. 6 years old. purchased the blanks for 1200 bucks totall and paid 250 to get them built. 1450 total. I just got the eyes redone last week to prepare them for a sale. spent another 250. 1700 bucks ive spent on these rods since I purchased them. They are in great shape. I will post pictures tomorrow as I em at work. Id like to get 500 each for the rods. The rods are 3113 model custom made for mooching. They are incrdible with an MR2. Thats what I used with them for 6 years and loved them.

I purchased all bran new gear for my new boat so I'm selling all my used stuff.

I will sell a bran new RST reel ($450) with one of the rods (new still in box) if it is the difference between a sale or not. I would like to sell one rod and keep one for myself but if someone wants both thats great.

Make an offer. PM Me

RST and Sage 3113 Mooching combo = $850.

or Rods $500 each

Cheers,

Wooly

No disrespect Wolly
but $1200 for blanks
brand new factory rod with carbon handle in berrys is only $500?????????????

true cost of large item tackle is min a 40% mark up for trade
as it the same for guide's selling islanders for more than they get them for and then use'em for a number of season's then sell them at almost retail to replace with new again and make money??? funny that....

but good luck with the sale if they where $300 ea i might have been tempted for the pair

No disrespect Wolly
but $1200 for blanks
brand new factory rod with carbon handle in berrys is only $500?????????????

true cost of large item tackle is min a 40% mark up for trade
as it the same for guide's selling islanders for more than they get them for and then use'em for a number of season's then sell them at almost retail to replace with new again and make money??? funny that....

but good luck with the sale if they where $300 ea i might have been tempted for the pair

No worries guy,
I live and fish in kitimat you probably just heard of kitimat in the last year with all the pipeline bull ****. Anyway its a little out of the way. and its a one tackle shop community. I probably paid a little too much for the rods back then. I'm not sure what they go for in stores down in your neck of the woods. or where ever berrys is, but im sure there is some competition that keep prices down. Where im from the tackle store has a little monopoly, and I dont mind paying a little premium for my gear. Id rather pay more for gear and catch lots of fish then less fish and cheap gear lol.

I bought a sage 4120 from Island outfitters last time I was in Vic for 600 bucks so I dont think I'm out to lunch too much. Anyway thanks for the heads up!

No worries bud
its just hard to get the true price back on custom made gear
i myself just re -built my carp rods that i had in the UK back into downrigger rods
so everything other than the tip eyes was replaced too much sentimental value to let them go

and there is so many good $100-$400 rods made out there(checkout the best 10-6 rod thread) now to many to try and choose from
also can you transfer the lifetime warranty with them if so high lite that as a selling point.
and that the buyer is getting something with history behind it catches fish.......
and that its a one off pair which will be unique to them

tight lines

My old man gave me his sage fly rod that was broken to see if I could do anything with it. I sent it in with my name and mailing info to sage and a little over a moth later I had a new Sage at my door step and I didn't send any kind of warranty card or receipt with it, So im guessing the warranty should transfer. Lots of warranties say original purchaser or some **** like that but thats kinda hard to prove. And good luck breaking a sage on a fish anyway. My dads broke because his buddy ran it over lol. as long as you run it within reason of its rating you will be hard pressed to snap a sage. From my experience!

Wild thing,
thanks for the post on my thread though I'm sure it will help me make a sale :confused: lol I appreciate it.

Thanks, lol. I would have been more upset if I really wanted to make a sale. I love the rods and they will be great backups, I just dont like having so much money sitting on the bench. Kinda like paying luongo 10 mil a year to sit on the bench but playing schneider. May as well trade em hey.

They are sage 3113's, great rods with lots of great memories attached i'm sure. I'd vote for keeping them as you can never have too many sages on the boat! what did you replace them with?

They are sage 3113's, great rods with lots of great memories attached i'm sure. I'd vote for keeping them as you can never have too many sages on the boat! what did you replace them with?

hey mike,

I wanted too have all new stuff to go with my new boat. I may charter for a friend this year the occasional time like I have the past few years, and down the road I want to start my own business. I figured top of the line gear and a new boat would leave a good first impression along with catching fish. That way starting out may be a little easier when it comes time for booking and filling the summer up with clients.

Replaced with GL2 SAR1265.

cheers,

Back