Custom kicker bracket

fishies

Looking for a new fixed kicker bracket. Thinking of going custom to use the existing holes from my old bracket. Anyone know of someone who does good work on the island?

Murray Elphick in Victoria..he built mine.

Pre-built won't help him, he wants a custom so the mounting holes match existing from previous bracket.

Hey Profisher does Murray have a web site? Is it aluminum powder coated? I'm also needing a fixed bracket for my 22' double eagle the swim grid sticks out about 14" and i need to make sure the 9.9 Yamaha will be out of the water when its tilted up and the boat is planing.

Murry built mine and it works perfect for me. You can pm me if you have trouble reaching him Nice fellow as well

Parksville Boathouse had one custom made for my wellcraft. Very clean and nicely done - allows for full range of motion and proper depth. I'm not sure who manufactured it.

Prodigy Marine in Sooke did mine which was built specifically for my boat as I couldn't find anything off the shelf. Did a very good job. Made ours our of aluminum and its powder coated. First class.

Murray is a great guy, retired from his full time job (metal fabricator/estimator) now and does this for extra income. He owns a boat and is an avid fisherman..doesn't make junk, he knows his stuff.

Geno, once you've had a fixed bracket you will never go back to one that you have to lift again. No matter how well they are made they eventually get sloppy and need constant lubing to keep them getting hard to lift. With most of the new kickers coming with power tilt it is to easy to arrive at your fishing spot, hit a button to lower the kicker and start fishing. No more tweaking the back in choppy seas lifting a heavy 4 stroke kicker.

Profisher. Its not the best picture but that is completely solid welded aluminun tubing and powder coated. No tilting and lifting on this one. I liked the clean mounting on the transom rather than taking up room the swim grid. So they custom measured the angle as well as the set back so I get full tilt and proper depth when kicker is in the lowered position. So no power head dunks or sending a rooster tail 5 feet in the air on big seas. The only downside is that its pretty far back from the deck of the boat so power trim and tilt,remote steering and seperate controls are nice in this type of bracket - in my case I need a extra long shaft on my 9.9. My last boat had manual lifting and controls..this set up is a lot more user friendly. Cheers

Attachments

• Esquimalt 2-20120520-00152.JPG
    Esquimalt 2-20120520-00152.JPG
    80.9 KB · Views: 732
The rules of engagement when considering a fixed bracket:

1)) 25" shaft
2)) power tilt
3)) The best powder coated fab you can afford

Another option: weld your articulated bracket and turn it into a fixed. Guys down here are doing that with their Garelick brackets (the high-end black ones)

IMG_3229.jpg

My boat came with an OMC bracket, but I got rid of it.
The first picture is of the OMC, notice how far back it put the kicker.
The second picture is of the custom bracket and the kicker is a lot closer to the transom

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 434
  • IMGP3377.jpg
    IMGP3377.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 393
Back