Custom Hardtop Installation

demco99

Hi guys,

I'm interested in getting a custom hardtop installed on a boat I'm purchasing. I've seen some guys part them from other boats and install them but this boat model is not manufactured anymore and it would be hard to find. Who would you recommend using in Vancouver area to take on this type of job? The boat doesn't have a trailer and I don't plan on getting one as it's 10'4 beam requires it to have a special oversize permit to trailer...

Also do all guys go for fibreglass hardtops? I've seen photos of a guide in Bamfield who has a really nice looking Hourston (pics below) with custom hardtop and it looks like it might be powder coated white aluminum. I hope he doesn't mind me posting pics of his boat but it definitely caught my eye. Seems like this would be even lighter and stronger than an aluminum hardtop? Thoughts?

Thanks for any input ...

photo23 by nickdemco, on Flickr

photo36 by nickdemco, on Flickr

Last edited by a moderator:
Nick,
See if you can get hold of Ken (damnfish)
He hangs out on the "other" forum, he had an aluminum one made locally here for his Grady
I'm sure he can give you some info, his old boat is still around here somewhere I think It's moored in Richmond/skyline area

Sent from my rotary phone using tapatalk

I have a fiberglass/pro awlgrip painter that could easily knock you out a foam core fiberglass top. He is in squamish, his company is ocean west and his name is duane his cell number is 604 319 9025. He is the guy who painted my black grady white and helped us with our hard top construction. I am a big fan of glass tops on glass boats, I am sure he knows of someone locally who could knock out a frame for it as well.

Nick,
See if you can get hold of Ken (damnfish)
He hangs out on the "other" forum, he had an aluminum one made locally here for his Grady
I'm sure he can give you some info, his old boat is still around here somewhere I think It's moored in Richmond/skyline area

Sent from my rotary phone using tapatalk

Nick.....drop me a line and I can get you Ken's contact info.

Back