custom fish kill bag for fish box

JAC

Hey

Im looking into having a custom fish kill bag made for the transom fish box on my boat, has anyone done this and how do you like it?

I just use the cheap silver horde ones...A carry a couple of them can hold two fairly large springs eaah in them...I just fold them up when I don't use...Custom making can't say I heard of anyone doing it...Do a search on forum it was covered before.

I just got off the phone with a company from Oregon Wilderness Pack Specialties They make kill bags and also make custom exact fit to specific fish boxes. I sent them a drawing and will see what it cost. I think it's the way to go as long as the price is fair. It's made in house and they use foam which is made in Canada so that's a bonus

What about the Reliable kill bags from PNT?

I believe they are meant for tuna and billfishing and should have tons of capacity and durability...

Disclaimer - I have never actually seen the bags in person

I have owned a reliable and a Chinook bag they were both fine but I want custom fit to the fish box.

I have seen and handled the bags Oregon Pack Specialiites make. ( at Seattle boat show ) I think they are every bit as nice as Reliable. If I hadn't found a deal at Charkbait for a stock sized Reliable bag, I woulda got one special size too.

Wow you want to talk about fast, one week later I have my custom made cooler bag for my fish box!! I sent them the drawing and they nailed it! Fits like a glove I will take a better pic tomorrow but this is what it looks like will hold a few fish and lots of ice.

7473101099efcab61a2ad4580d14a5ac.jpg

b0052a167dd82bdb7ad1d78db7b93b5f.jpg

Inside the fish box
9202c5c459950dbbdc1dadcf75979a1e.jpg

My fish box on my transom gets really hot in the sun. I would think the ice would go away really fast no?

It's a insulated kill back that's why I got it. In my last bags ice would last for a day or 2

Wow you want to talk about fast, one week later I have my custom made cooler bag for my fish box!! I sent them the drawing and they nailed it! Fits like a glove I will take a better pic tomorrow but this is what it looks like will hold a few fish and lots of ice.

7473101099efcab61a2ad4580d14a5ac.jpg

b0052a167dd82bdb7ad1d78db7b93b5f.jpg

Inside the fish box
9202c5c459950dbbdc1dadcf75979a1e.jpg

If you dont mind me asking, what did they charge you for that? Looks good to me!

$185usd plus shipping. Which I though was a good deal because I had paid that price for non custom ones before. This cooler really fits exactly like I wanted bang on the drawing

Looks great JAC.Good service as well by the sounds of things.Thinking about a custom bag to stretch across my splash pan at the back of my boat.Looks like these guys are the ones for the job.

The fit is great quality looks excellent just need to add ice and go fishing. I had the bag made to fill about 2/3 of my fish box I wanted to still have some space in there to bleed the fish then through them in the kill bag with ice.

JAC, I was thinking of this exact thing - custom kill bag/cooler insert for my transom fish box. The one you had made by WPS looks fantastic and sounds like the service and turnaround were great. Still, $200+ bucks with exchange rate and shipping isn't cheap, though, so wanted to hear what your thoughts/review were after a full season of use - durability, cleaning/draining, effectiveness at keeping ice, etc. I currently can't keep ice for any length of time in my transom box because it's pretty much impossible to keep water out when you wash down the cutting board once you've gutted and cleaned your fish (boat companies should design this better!!).

Cheers!

Ukee

So far all I can say is good things. Will hold ice for 1-2 days depending on the amount of ice and outside temp. Easy to clean. It's not cheap but nothing for a boat is cheap and this will save you space on deck, we all want lots of room on the dance floor. I would not hesitate to buy another. Might get a deal this time of year.

I take it the fishboxes themselves aren't insulated on these boats? would there be room to slap some insulation on the outsides of the fishboxes?

Back