Crossing the US border by boat

FinnFisher

Does anyone know the process of crossing the US border by boat if you have nexus? I understand the US has a new app and they also ask to call in your arrival. Is it that easy? Does anybody have experience going south this year?

I go down to point roberts by boat. I'll be going tomorrow or Thursday after work if the weather cooperates. There is a phone booth to call the boarder guard down to the marina, which is what I've always done. Or you use the app. Last time I did it the guy told me to get the app so this will be my first time using it.

I go down to point roberts by boat. I'll be going tomorrow or Thursday after work if the weather cooperates. There is a phone booth to call the boarder guard down to the marina, which is what I've always done. Or you use the app. Last time I did it the guy told me to get the app so this will be my first time using it.
Thanks for your help. I’ll try this new app as well. Just wondering if I’m missing some info here but wouldn’t a call from your cell to their 360 945-2314 or 945-5211 number acceptable? Do you have to use their booth, or was that just another option? This will be my first time so I’m not sure what is what.

I went down 4 times delivering boats during Covid....we called ahead of time and sent boat docs to their Customs and had a time of arrival to where we were going. You wouldn't be doing that. Otherwise we used the customs phones at their dock...in Friday Harbour we were asked to walk up to the office to clear and in Port Angeles a customs agent came down to the dock to clear us. It was way more hassle coming back...trying to get the Arrive Can app to work which you are required to do before hitting the Canadian custom dock. Then call from there and wait for a custom agent to come to clear you. We waited for 1 1/2 hours in Victoria on the phone for it to be answered....listening to a music loop.

I just brought the boat down to point roberts from north vancouver. You have to have the CBP roam app. Which i had. But my us cruising license expired. I phoned up from the provided customs phone. They let me in. Today I will drive up to the boarder to redo my US cruising license. It takes and hour and a half. Conditions where bad. So on a flat day, just over an hour. Customs dock should take ten minutes if you have the app and cruising license.

Back