Coyote Live Image spoons....(cnt'd)...

Seafever

There was a thread about these a while back.....

My question........do they still make the chrome (no color) live image spoon? If so, where to buy?

I see the blue and green live image spoons around sporadically in my tackle store outings.....but usually 3 inch and 3.5 inch...do they make bigger in these ...if so ...where to get?

Jeffy West Coast:- you had a spoon that was about 3 inches long......it was bare metal with a scale pattern on it and half the spoon was neon green. Made by Luhr Jensen. The one you had was all beat up from catching fish.......they still make that one?

There was a thread about these a while back.....

My question........do they still make the chrome (no color) live image spoon? If so, where to buy?

I see the blue and green live image spoons around sporadically in my tackle store outings.....but usually 3 inch and 3.5 inch...do they make bigger in these ...if so ...where to get?

Jeffy West Coast:- you had a spoon that was about 3 inches long......it was bare metal with a scale pattern on it and half the spoon was neon green. Made by Luhr Jensen. The one you had was all beat up from catching fish.......they still make that one?

Yes they do. They make a 5" and 6" straight Chrome Live Image. A Lot of lodges are super keen on the 6" size. That 6" Spoon is responsible for the death of thousands of Chinooks each year.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks FM....

Took me 5 tackle shop visits from Nanaimo to Parksville today but I managed to find some of those plus the bigger blue ones as well.......

Cheers :cool:

Thanks FM....

Took me 5 tackle shop visits from Nanaimo to Parksville today but I managed to find some of those plus the bigger blue ones as well.......

Cheers :cool:

Would be interesting to know if anyone is fishing these in the 6.0 on ECVI and how they are making out. Seems that most are fishing the 3.5, 4.0 and maybe the 5.0 on occasion...at least all the guides and anglers I talk to in these waters. As I said, North island and Haida Gwaii lodges are fishing these in the 6.0 with stellar results.

That I belive was an original 3.5" Coyote in Mongoose. My old man's Fav and no longer made the way they used to. On the new ones the paint is not chartruse it's green.

We Have ALL the sizes from 3.5" to 6"- In both green & blue live image. Yes here on the WCVI we tend to use many more large ones.
Right now the 4" are most popular but as the season move forward so does the size move up to 5" then 6" for out on the highway.
Westview Marina Tackle Shop- we have what works!

Back