Cowichan River

Got a few more reports ( would like to see the Skeena one haven't seen it yet) ..so many factors play in to mort. rates....

The river's at 2.4 meters with more rain in the forecast the next few days.That should discourage any netting for quite
a while.By my records there's usually a good push of fresh fish in the first 2 weeks of Feb.Couldn't have come at a
better time.Thanks for your help Mother Nature!

The river's at 2.4 meters with more rain in the forecast the next few days.That should discourage any netting for quite
a while.By my records there's usually a good push of fresh fish in the first 2 weeks of Feb.Couldn't have come at a
better time.Thanks for your help Mother Nature!

........ :)

Yep stoltz to vimy is all clear. There is a log across the river in the upper drift above skutz. Big cedar all the way across the river just above cougar run.

another flipped drift boat yesterday. now that everyone and their dog seems to have a drift boat ive been seeing more and more haywire boat handling/rowing/anchoring between both drift boats and pontoons. theres no reason drifting the lower cowichan should be a dangerous venture. pay attention out there, keep the bow pointed downstream, don't anchor above possible danger, watch out for the big boils, and again, just pay attention.

Common sense just isn't that common any more cha

another flipped drift boat yesterday. now that everyone and their dog seems to have a drift boat ive been seeing more and more haywire boat handling/rowing/anchoring between both drift boats and pontoons. theres no reason drifting the lower cowichan should be a dangerous venture. pay attention out there, keep the bow pointed downstream, don't anchor above possible danger, watch out for the big boils, and again, just pay attention.

Was it on the upper or lower part of the river do you know?

lower just below the power lines above bible camp. apparently anchored too close to the entrance of the side channel and got sucked in when they tried to pull out, smashed some logs and bailed. both guys ok though.

Saw the boat today.. There very lucky.. Will have to wait till late spring to salvage that boat if theres anything left of it ?? Glad there ok..

Thinking of wetting a line on Friday, can anyone recommend upper or lower river this time of year? Will be walk n wade, fly rod looking for trout, egg patterns?

Thanks in advance.

BL

Hit the upper fly fish only section above Skutz Falls.Some hog Brown Trout in that stretch of water.That's what I would do if I was a fly guy!

Back