Courtenay lakes for beginners

T

tortuga

Does anyone know of an easy access lake to take my kids to cast from shore for trout? They're 4 and 6 and are very keen.

Gracias,
Tortuga

Try durrance lake. its pretty small lake but its stocked. I has a got access off willis point road. Turn onto durrance road. then take the right fork and follow it around the lake until you find a dock on the northeast end. you should be able to cast from around there. ive seen it from a boat. look it it up on a map. the odds are you might catch something to. it might be a bit rugged though for a 4 and 6 year old. its worth looking ino though.

Alex

well durrance lake isn't near courtenay its near victoria and I there isn't a dock there, unless they built it over the fall?

It is a great lake for young kids though as there is lots of shore access and an easy place to catch small trout on worms.

In courtney try Wolf lake, I think thats close and I've had good luck there from shore.

Wolf lake can be good.. Also if you are a Courtenay Fish and game club member there can be nice trout caught off shore by the campground in the spring.
If you are not a member it is a worthwhile organization to look into. Great camping, different events involving fishing and the whole family.

Wolf Lake it is. Sounds like a bobber and a worm's the ticket
I'll check the regs and we'll head on out.

Gracias
Tortuga

Try Maple Lake it's between Courtenay and Cumberland. It's a smaller lake but has some nice trout fishing from shore. eman

Never hurts to try a little "Power Bait". Don't forget to take extra clothes.

maple lake is great . just outside of cumberland beside the cemetary. very pretty lake . shore fishing was good 2 me back years ago, single eggs on bottom . if you have a boat your kids would have a blast on the little island in the middle. beautiful place! or use 2 be years ago. scottyboy

wolf lake is near the road access 2 mount washinton . i found it very windy alot of the time . not fun 4 kids, impossible 4 parents lol. not as pretty as maple. scottyboy

Maple lake looks great, but she's still a bit too frozen.
Not for long though!

Back