Courtenay / Comox Advice

D

dcinbc

Hi,

We're camping for a week at Seal Bay and I am hoping to introduce my son to Salt Water fishing.... I have a large inflatable with a trolling motor and wonder about where I(just around the corner from Courtenay) might get lucky reasonably close to shore / launching point. Interested in Salmon, cod, or crabbing opportunities. I also may rent a boat from Bates for a day ....

Any advice is appreciated as I am experienced on the Sunshine Coast for years, but haven't had my line in SW for years. Also would pay gas etc if anyone wants some fishing company..

Thanks a lot,
DC

Hey DC: Unless your inflatable is rigged with riggers and rod holders you might want to rent one from Bates. You could also just use Zingers or Buzz Bombs in the evenings. just out in front of Bates or out on the Hump which is about two and a half miles straight out fom Bates. Theres usually boats fishing out there in the evenings. Kitty Coleman boat launch is also a good spot to pick up some info. Harold who runs the park with his wife Melanie are very helpful. There just up the beach aways. Good Luck;) eman

quote:Originally posted by eaglemaniac

Hey DC: Unless your inflatable is rigged with riggers and rod holders you might want to rent one from Bates. You could also just use Zingers or Buzz Bombs in the evenings. just out in front of Bates or out on the Hump which is about two and a half miles straight out fom Bates. Theres usually boats fishing out there in the evenings. Kitty Coleman boat launch is also a good spot to pick up some info. Harold who runs the park with his wife Melanie are very helpful. There just up the beach aways. Good Luck;) eman

Hey eman,

Managed to launch off Kitty Coleman last night (Thurs) and made it to the hump in about an hour with my electric motor (calm as glass or wouldn't go that far) .... not much action that I saw as we stayed for about an hour and a half. Lots of seals though. Have you been out lately? Will rent a boat from Bates probably Sunday or find someone that needs someone to pay their gas. Also considering driving up to Campbell River for the day to try luck....

Cheers,
DC

Hey dc: Good show getting out there, but do me a favor don't try that in Campbell River. Go fish off the pier.:D Yah theres way to many seals out there. Even if you get one on, your chances of landing it are not good. You could try Zzingers or Buzz bombs out in front of Bates or Kitty for pinks or springs. The springs will come in to feed in the evenings, Try around 100ft. or so. Good Luck.;) eman

Back