Counter Rotation

sir-vivor

Just wondering has anyone ever run a single 150-200hp counter rotation outboard on a boat ?
What does it handle like ?
Any noticable difference?
Just wondering !!

Just wondering has anyone ever run a single 150-200hp counter rotation outboard on a boat ?
What does it handle like ?
Any noticable difference?
Just wondering !!
That wouldn’t be any difference. Just be slightly harder to find parts

Not so sure.
My uncle was sold a counter rotating single, unbeknownst to him. The torque was reversed and the boat rode out of trim. Major pain in the a$$.

No way Jose. Torque, hp whatever you wanna call it. Cannot be reversed. Both gears spin at the same rate all the time. Only difference between a left and right is the left has a 2 piece prop shaft. Uses the gear towards the hub as forward. Which means the had to do a 2 piece shaft to have a thrust bearing there. No difference in performance. Left hand cases will not take the beating that right hand cases do just on pure simplicity. More parts in a left.

I ran 2 counter rotating motors. One 225 and one 300. No discernable difference other than props. Once you buy a prop you own in for life lol

Thanks, just was kept up for months and months and months, thinking about counter rotation engines, now I can get a good sleep lol.
But seriously just seemed a bit odd to be running counter rotation (but then again I'm left handed to thats considered counter rotation I guess lol)
Oh are the props different , or is that a dumb question ?

Thanks, just was kept up for months and months and months, thinking about counter rotation engines, now I can get a good sleep lol.
But seriously just seemed a bit odd to be running counter rotation (but then again I'm left handed to thats considered counter rotation I guess lol)
Oh are the props different , or is that a dumb question ?
Clint ????? have yo been in the liquor cabinet again....:oops:

You danmn lucky I gave all that up 25 yrs ago, should have seen me then, nope it's just my normal self, scary huh lol (no wonder I gotta fish solo ) But I bet a lot of other fisherpersons wonder but are just to smart to ask ( or maybe they dont and well, I'm just a idiot ) lol

The only real difference is docking. all your docking actions ,the use of thrust and counter thrust will be reversed. If you are used to docking with a single regular rotation you will have some learning to do.
If its a smoking deal you can always replace the leg with a standard rotation and flog the counter rotation.it is an easy switch.

Back