Cougar Creek on a long weekend

jbv

my buddy and i are thinking of going for BC weekend. we know it would be busy but i'm wondering just how busy. is it a complete gong show? i have no desire to sleep in the truck or be around all night partying. just how bad does it get? are we talking hundreds of vehicles showing up and no place to camp or park your vehicles? going out to camp in the bush and fish the westcoast in a massive crush with no shelter isn't my idea of a great time.

Yes your on the right track.Last time there cost was 12$ launch ,12$ parking with 8'x8' tenting camping behind your truck in the parking lot with others doing the same beside you at 3:30 am.morage per day.Boat trailers are parked 1km away. If a spot in the campsite comes availible ,woman with children,and seinors at half rate come first for campsite.

That, to me, sounds like a nightmare. I hate having to camp cheek to jowl and it just ruins the whole experience for me. Makes me long for the days when we could run out to Renfrew for the weekend, dump the boat in and camp right on the beach without a soul around and nobody would bug you.

Tuta is just around the corner, no rafting up, good sites hot showers... sure it costs a bit more but we're not talking about much. I'd see if they have had any last minute cancelations with all these fires going on maybe someone can't make it.

depending how big your boat is i would run it out from GR, much better alternative imo

Back