Great Day on the water in Campbell River

Gong Show

My Calgarian brother in law was coming to town to visit this past weekend.
We had long standing plans to fish on Saturday. For once I let the 'wait and see' voice take over when the reports were 6' moderate off Cape Mudge.
So we took off fairly early Sunday morning with only minor complaints about losing an hour of sleep to daylight savings.
It was still flooding off Willow Point, so we put the gear down a bit earlier than usual to troll down to Shelter.
Nailed a 20# white spring within 5 minutes! Great excitement aboard.
We continued down our track and picked up a small linger. Not sure how it happened, but I caught it by its tail and a massive ling then swallowed the small guy's head. I had no idea what I was pulling up! Let them go and we returned to the top of our track.
Another few minutes in and we hook up with a nice 10# bright red spring. Good times indeed!
To top it off, we were in short sleeves and wondering where the remnants of last year's sunscreen was hiding.

Everyone aboard was totally jazzed about this being the start of an epic 2014 fishing season!!
What a difference 24 hours can make!

Still bangin' the gong!

My Calgarian brother in law was coming to town to visit this past weekend.
We had long standing plans to fish on Saturday. For once I let the 'wait and see' voice take over when the reports were 6' moderate off Cape Mudge.
So we took off fairly early Sunday morning with only minor complaints about losing an hour of sleep to daylight savings.
It was still flooding off Willow Point, so we put the gear down a bit earlier than usual to troll down to Shelter.
Nailed a 20# white spring within 5 minutes! Great excitement aboard.
We continued down our track and picked up a small linger. Not sure how it happened, but I caught it by its tail and a massive ling then swallowed the small guy's head. I had no idea what I was pulling up! Let them go and we returned to the top of our track.
Another few minutes in and we hook up with a nice 10# bright red spring. Good times indeed!
To top it off, we were in short sleeves and wondering where the remnants of last year's sunscreen was hiding.

Everyone aboard was totally jazzed about this being the start of an epic 2014 fishing season!!
What a difference 24 hours can make!

Still bangin' the gong!

No pictures or video.......never happened!

Just kidding, Sounds awesome, great way to start the year. I only dream of fishing like that in march. I tried to get out last week where I'm from and it was -15 with a gale warning that turned to storm warning with a freezing spray warning to top it off.

Tight Lines, Not Pipelines!

Cheers,

Wooly

Oh you Wooly bast@rd. Now I have to figure out pictures!
The other guys got the actions shots, but here are the fish.
20140309_090236.jpg20140309_143342.jpg

Okay, that was not too hard to figure out.
It does not look like March 9 in this picture.
Smile says it all!
20140309_113527.jpg

Back