Coosa board

Kilwinning

Crew Member
Good morning
I have a 19.5’ Double eagle that I am replacing the transom with coosa,
I was planning on using 1.5” and 3/4” coosa laminated
Because the Double eagle has a slight curve in the transom I am concerned about distorting it If the 1.5” is to stiff
how flexible is the 1.5” board and is there any problem conforming it to the transom or would I be better off using two 1” boards for a slightly thinner transom. I have thought about installing the 3/4” first thinking that may stiffen the transom even more before the final layer. Thoughts on all this ?
I’m new too all this so learning as I go.
thanks Kilwinning.

why not 3 3/4" pieces will work out the same

why not 3 3/4" pieces will work out the same
Thanks for the reply, I’m new to the fibreglass thing so this will be a learning curve for me , I was thinking that it would be less laminating if it would work, but this is why asked open too all suggestions

Make a “strong back” for the transom shaped the same thru bolt the pieces and suck them tight to laminate each piece and fill the holes after likely need 2 of them spaced evenly.

Make a “strong back” for the transom shaped the same thru bolt the pieces and suck them tight to laminate each piece and fill the holes after likely need 2 of them spaced evenly.
Thanks Brandon , lots of good suggestions here, I’m going to to see how much of a curve there actually is and the decide on thickness. Thanks for the suggestions.

Back