coolant leak

bullyjack

hey there new to the forum, I have a 1982 24' searay, 350 and a se106 leg.working out the bugs was overheating a bit, checked the cooling system and it was low.Added coolant and it was leaking out a hole outside at the gimble. had new manifolds, risers and gaskets put on in nov, was winterized so not sure why it would happen. it has the log style manifolds, any help would be great, thanks.

Hello bullyjack. Have you looked at iboats.com? They have a forum with all sorts of topics including mercruiser mechanical issues. I would take some pics and post a thorough description of your problems over there.
Alan

Bullyjack, I presume you have a closed cooling system on the boat, do you see the coolant coming out of the water discharge when the engine is running, if you do you may find that the heat exchanger has an internal leak between the raw water side and the engine coolant side.I had the same problem on my old boat, radiator guy in nanaimo plugged 3 of the tubes for me. Lasted a couple of years before I had to replace the manifold.

got it figured out, installers put the wrong block off plates in. welded the holes, ground flush, new gaskets. called the installer when I was done, can't give me the cash back but will give me 300$ credit, at least they owned up to their mistake.

Back