Cooks, fishes and drinks Lucky........

I agree with you there Holmes,

Just look at some of us posting on here, LOL.

As for helping her out, I think it would be a great idea for any of us in her area to help her get the experience she needs. It's a good cause.

Ya gotta wonder, maybe posted by an X boyfriend? Maybe not, maybe just loves to be on the water like the rest of us, and she's throwing it out there hoping to meet a fishing buddy to help get her some fishing hours in.

She wasn't even asking for that. It sounds like she's going to work at one of the lodges and needs experience cleaning catch and prepping bait. She can do that at the dock and never step foot on anyones boat. She'll only get good at filleting by doing it a lot. I remember my first attempts. BAAAD! LOL

I don't know,

Haven't you ever seen the ad for "a girl that cooks, cleans, hunts , fishes, and owns own boat? Please send picture of boat?"

Maybe she's that girl. I mean I can think of a lot of other sites and pictures that I would want to post if I wanted to slam an ex. I mean, come on, how sexy are the hip waders? What a tramp! LOL

I don't think so. I think it might be legit. It'd be great if it was. And I give her bonus points for making the effort to learn something new and improve herself.

Who knows, maybe some day we'll be taking guided trips on her boat? Ya never know.

It's a bad case of the heart not having enough pump power to supply blood to both heads at the same time...as always the trick is to get the blood to the right head at the appropriate moment.:cool:

Don't know what it is about CL, but I've been selling off some stuff, a truck included, and more than a few guys have phoned several times about the truck, and say they're coming over to look at it, and don't show up. One guy even called saying he was on the ferry from quadra to CR, and would be in comox shortly to look at it.........never showed up, and no answer on the phone # he called from ??

Okay guys,

Just to see what would happen I actually contacted the ad and asked some clarifying questions. Her response is shown below.

show details 10:13 AM (1 hour ago)
Yes this is a real add. I need to gain experience cleaning fish and working on the docks as I will be holding a dock hand position at Langara in the middle of May. I am also a bit nervous as to how safe the add is. It would be better for me to meet first and see if your a total weirdo! Haha. Maybe with my friend Steve since he seems to know everyone with a boat on the Island.

Anyway If you could tell everyone that this is a legit add and help me get some fish to clean that would be awesome if not I will just keep trying by myself!
Thanks

Lynsey

You heard her, she wants to learn to clean fish and deal with boats. Let's give her the chance to do it.

If there's anyone on here from Langara lodge that could back this up it would be even better.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's a bad case of the heart not having enough pump power to supply blood to both heads at the same time...as always the trick is to get the blood to the right head at the appropriate moment.:cool:

As you get older it just goes to both and you end up taking pills to make it go to one or the other :p

Well, I admire her for taking the initiative so that she is prepared fro her new job. You go gal!

The post has been removed damn! have too look elsewhere for a new deckhand.

She doesn't need the post anymore.

She is now a member on here. She was kind enough to thank me for telling her about the site and joined this afternoon.

She didn't tell me what her handle was. I'm guessing she is probably just lurking for now until she either feels comfortable to join in the conversations or decides what to do.

yes, welcome Lynsey, don't listen to half of what they say, don't believe half of what you hear, but there is a wealth of knowledge here !

Back