Congrats to the Canadian Womens Soccer Team

The more I read the story, the less I feel the fix was on...I originally thought the handball was off the CAN player in the wall, but I saw a replay showing it hit off the elbow of a nearer player in a more aggressive motion then pure 'defending body'. Marginal fine. The delay of game, main complaint is the timing of it - the ref blew it and should have definitely given warning much earlier. While its VERY rare, the americans were supposedly all over the ref about holding the ball too long all game and were loud counting to the ref several times to try to get the point across (this from several people that taped and replayed the game, something I couldn't do so can't confirm). The rule is there and it isn't a yellow card, but an indirect as was done after googling that. She just chose to use it at a BS time when a good ref would have just kept tally and added an extra minute on during injury time. I'd love to see a replay and just see how many times she did hold beyond 6 seconds - my recollection was it was alot, but I also think its probably just part of the game thats never called (until now!), and that is what pisses us all off. Bet Solo held more than 6 seconds more than once (but I forgive her cause damn shes hot!)

So I resolved to the fact that ****** ref, but not so much controversy. Then I read the americans get 1.5 million if they get gold! Uhh, YOWSA.....you look at the game in a whole different light then and payoffs do come into consideration. Who knows, but I do know that is BS - olympics is supposed to be about amateurs playing for their country, not $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.....

Awesome!!!! Thank you!!! A proud day to be Canadian!!!That was as good as it gets.Glad i got to watch it live.Wahooooooooooooooooooooo

Then I read the americans get 1.5 million if they get gold! Uhh, YOWSA.....you look at the game in a whole different light then and payoffs do come into consideration. Who knows, but I do know that is BS - olympics is supposed to be about amateurs playing for their country, not $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.....

Canadians get 15K for a gold, 10 for silver, 5 for bronze.

Apparently Chinese athletes get the equivalent of 1 million USD for a gold medal.

Wow this Mexican income virus has spread from Sooke to all of Canada.:)

Back