Congrats to the Canadian Womens Soccer Team

Way to go, watched the Game, good to see the lack of gamesmanship, flopping and unsportsmanlike conduct that ruins the Mens game... good luck against the yanks... Driller

Aye, watche the game as well. First half not too bad but they'll have trouble beating the Yanks on Monday if they play the way they did in the second half.
Too many turnovers and falling back on their heels to let the Brit's come again and again.

They have to maintain the attack pressure regardless of the score. Sinclair is fuggin' awesome!

It'll be a good match Monday regardless of the outcome. Hope our girls' pull it off... the game I mean.

2 things

Excellent work ethic on our Canadian Womens team , Perhaps Mens soccer can learn somthing from this ,
was way more enjoyable watching these gals play there hearts out ,
Not like these ***** players that call themselves men ,,, ,Your EMBARASSING , cant even watch the mens crap ,
SO proud of the Canadian girls , we were robbed by a TARD reff , on a " Delay of Game " call against our goalie for not getting rid of the ball fast enuff ?? , absolutely rediculous ,
why not just give here a warning like they do in other sports , a free kick is not the answer . a free kick should be based on a foul , or , a scoring chance taken away . ... BRUTAL CALL , so choked bout that..

Go get da Bronze girls , you deserved to win today...

m2b

fd

the hand ball was far worse in my opinion - the guidelines here - uh, what am I missing?

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Strangely, the term "Hand Ball" is commonly used, but is not defined in the official FIFA rules. It is a "direct kick foul" if a player (other than the goalkeeper inside his own penalty area) deliberately handles the ball (meaning to deliberately touch the ball with any part of the arm from the finger tips to the top of the shoulder). If the player handles it for the purpose of preventing an opponent from gaining possession, it is a "cautionable offense" and a yellow card should be given. If a player deliberately handles the ball to deny an obvious goal scoring opportunity (e.g., to prevent a breakaway or to deliberately stop a shot), a red card should be given and the player "sent off". However, a hand ball foul should not be called if: (1) a player is instinctively trying to protect himself from injury or (2) the player did not deliberately touch the ball but the ball hit his arm & he did not move the arm toward the ball (however, if the player's arms were in an unnatural position such as above his shoulders or sticking out to the sides, then he should be called for a handball). (See "Fouls"). Soccer Hand Ball[/FONT]

She was clearly turning her body away and I saw no worse than the apparent handball by the american earlier in the game as well...

Pisses me off when a ref decides a game, any sport! Especially a crucial game. Hope she got paid off well!

We should protest that game. The Asian teams have been protesting and winning medals. That Norway ref should be shot and pissed on.:mad:;) eman

We have a family connection to Erin and look after her dog for her at times when she is overseas. Feel really bad for the team and especially for Erin. That ref should take up hockey and work for the NHL...just about as consistent.

Believe me, the Yanks know how lucky they were to have the ref on their side.

In my mind our girls beat the Yanks fair and square.

No dip-**** fish-farming ref will ever take that from me.

Likely the greatest match I've ever watched.

Believe me, the Yanks know how lucky they were to have the ref on their side.
In my mind our girls beat the Yanks fair and square.

Likely the greatest match I've ever watched.

No dip-**** fish-farming ref will ever take that from me.

They really played a great game and fully deserved the win. Unfortunately sometimes refs make bad decisions. Happens in all sports. Too bad that bad decision led to the penalty, which I had no problem with. It was a hand ball. Sometimes they are called and sometimes they aren't. That ref was looking to call a PK unfortunately. The delay of game call should have been followed up with a yellow card, that's why it's odd. Usually the ref will give a verbal warning or two before calling a free kick though. Apparently there was no warning from the ref, only from the linesperson. Hard to take, as the girls played great. I know they didn't meet their goal of playing in the final, but they can still come home with a medal. Let's cheer them on and hope they can bring out the same game against the French, who beat Canada quite easily in the last World cup.

Now FIFA is looking at suspensions to the Canadian team for comments made by some of the players yesterday.
Dave

I have this really bad feeling that there will be some sort of discipline for them. Sadly, I see Sinclair and coach Herdman suspended for the next game for their comments on match fixing and the bad mouthing of the ref. You can't do it on camera.

There really should be a cooling off period after games so that athletes can calm down and cool off. Perhaps give them 30 minutes or longer to go shower up and get your head on straight, before talking to the press. What we saw was some extremely passionate people lose one of the best games they've ever played, and feel cheated about it, and then have to talk about it on international TV less than 5 minutes after it all happened. Of course they are going to talk about how they feel. Sometimes they say things I bet they would take back, if they could.

Back