Comox valley gas war still happening!!

Hey FA check out the shell at the bottom of Mission Hill. There usually six cents or less a litre. eman

Reg gas at the Shell, at the bottom of the hill was 1.24lt at 1030 today., Super Store is 1.04, plus a credit of 3.5cents...............BB

Well-- I filled up both the boat and truck at Safeway yesterday for $1.074. But with my Safeway 5 cent per liter discount card it only cost me $1.024. Thats cheaper than marine gas... Four strokes dont need midgrade marine anyway..

104.9 now. Time to plan a fishing trip and burn some fuel.

I always thought putting regular gas in the boat was fine (running a 200 Suzuki 4-stroke)? I thought marine gas was just dyed in the case of a spill?

Has everyone forgotten, it's only thanks to Costco that we are now getting gas at a fair price. If Costco hadn't opened in this Valley we would all still be paying $127.9 for gas through the price fixing cartel. Why would I buy gas from them now? I only fill up at Costco on principle. I've been ripped off for years by the others! I'm sure not going to support them now!!!

I have not been worried about the price of "marked fuel".The new rig has 2005 150 Yamaha 4-stroke. Wen I took the boat to the mechanic for an inspection (before buying) he told me not to used marked fuel. He said that Quote " The die dose not burn and will build up and bugger injectors" He said I could run injector cleaner with every fill but his experience is even then burning died fuel will cause build up as the die dose not burn completely.Anyway;Lower gas prices is a good thing I will be filling the van today. Now if only they would lower diesel !!. Too bad Costco did not put a diesel pump in as well.

I got gas at Costco the other day, in Courtenay and was told that there is no, repeat, no ethanol in their fuel. I wonder if the Super store there has any in their fuel, same price, but a coupon of 3.5 cents for every lt...........BB

Has everyone forgotten, it's only thanks to Costco that we are now getting gas at a fair price. If Costco hadn't opened in this Valley we would all still be paying $127.9 for gas through the price fixing cartel. Why would I buy gas from them now? I only fill up at Costco on principle. I've been ripped off for years by the others! I'm sure not going to support them now!!!

Barnacle Bill I think you completely missed my point! Don't forget, before Costco opened Superstore was charging $127.9 with a small coupon discount, same greed as the others.

I always thought putting regular gas in the boat was fine (running a 200 Suzuki 4-stroke)? I thought marine gas was just dyed in the case of a spill?

No, the fuel is dyed because no TAX has been paid on it.

Jencourt: I'm not sure that I would agree with your mechanic. IF marked fuel cause problems with injectors, then just about every boat on the coast would be choking on this fuel. I don't see that happening. While any additive like this can't be good for injectors, the amount of powder they put into a tank of fuel is so small, it would take a long time for it to accumulate in individual boat motors.

Perhaps some of you boat mechanics can comment on what you have seen during engine teardowns.

Back