Comox Valley Christmas/ Fishing and BBq Get Together

Fish Assassin

Crew Member
I have realized the some people have not been reading the Kitty Coleman report. There is a plan to gather at Kitty Coleman on Dec.11th for some fishing and a BBq to follow.

WEATHER PERMITTING

Some people have offered empty seats in their boats as we know that some of you winterize yours.

Some are planning on launching in Comox. Bring an anchor and get a ride to the beach.

Duffer has offered to bring burgars.
I offered to bring buns and Fireball
Any one have a BBq?
Someone want to bring lettuce,tomatoes,mayo etc.
If every one brought a couple pieces of dry wood we could have a fire.

If the weather kicks up the plan is to meet at the Whistle Stop Pub in Courtenay.

Harold has been called. He may even be looking for a seat with someone if the wife has no plans for him on the 11th. Harold for people that don't know him is the Kitty Coleman caretaker and a great fisherman.

I'll bring some wood, a bar-b-que and some home made pepperoni. Need a boat ride as the Ark is on blocks for the winter-if none available will do fire picket.

Would love to join in that weekend but other commitments.. So here is a possiblity since we are all very busy in Dec..
Griffin pub will pick up all anywhere in the local area and give a ride home afterwards.
No one has to risk the lic./ fine.
So with that in mind maybe we could plan a get together in Jan when not much is happening on the family calender.. any thoughts I am thinking middle to back end of Jan when we have all had more than ENOUGH of winter ?

Would love to join in that weekend but other commitments.. So here is a possiblity since we are all very busy in Dec..
Griffin pub will pick up all anywhere in the local area and give a ride home afterwards.
No one has to risk the lic./ fine.
So with that in mind maybe we could plan a get together in Jan when not much is happening on the family calender.. any thoughts I am thinking middle to back end of Jan when we have all had more than ENOUGH of winter ?

A Jan. get together thats great maybe we would should get together every month. LOL.. It will get us all out of our houses.

Can't do the 11th as it's the company Christmas party but I'm good for January if we can pick a date several weeks ahead. I can get requested time off if I have three weeks of warning. I'd be open to the once a month thing as well. Would be great to meet a bunch more of you.

Looks like I have an empty boat for the 11th get together. Anyone wanting to join me on my boat send me a pm with your #

Cheers Ray

The weather is not looking wonderful for the 11 th. When are we going to decide on the whistle stop or Kitty? Thurs? You want to make the call FA?

I would think Thursday we will have an idea as to the weather, but I would say wait till Friday before canceling fishing. At this time of year the forcast will change 10X's in 2 days.

The countdown begins. If it's not windy on sat. we're on. If it is, lets go as soon as it flattens out again.
How do the boats breakdown and are you guys rain or shine?
-I'm with C.S. rain or shine (if he's recoverd from the harvest weekend)
-Gill and Paul,
-Duffer, FA123
-Jencourt,?
-Cuba, Black dog
Who's in.

Jencourt has a empty seat.
Bass Blaster, Spring Fever and Harold are looking for one.
I know 3 other boats have not confirmed.
I know two other boats that are not winterized possibaly 3 and the owners have not spoken up yet.

Hey I tought IFL was in?

I'm still up for the 11th, I just need better info on departure/meet time etc. Don't want to line up a spot with someone if the schedules don't line up. Looking forward to getting together though. Hoping everything will come together.

I am up for it whether at Kitty or Whistle Stop. Need a boat seat or will do fire picket- pm me if you have a seat available and could stand my incredible witty chatter and the foregone conclusion we would win FA's already spent winnings. LOL

I am up for it whether at Kitty or Whistle Stop. Need a boat seat or will do fire picket- pm me if you have a seat available and could stand my incredible witty chatter and the foregone conclusion we would win FA's already spent winnings. LOL

Have you sent a PM to the Dogfish master yet? He is offering a seat.

Hey now.....I have no money to spend, thats why I think drawing the line at $20 a boat is fair. Unlike some guys who want to take my money and think that the stakes should be higher.

Hey the weather on Sunday is looking good.

Im tentatively still in, but this time of year, it has to be a really nice day to get me out. Like I said I have room for a couple fisher- dudes. We'll have to wait to see what the weather does.

Back